Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ashtray Light Dim

Darthmjh

I replaced the ashtray light on the 993 as it was blown, however the new bulb is very dim. I have put 12v across the light and it is bright, so I know it's not the bulb. Could it be a bad Earth on that circuit, or is the light normally dim?

I appreciate that most people wouldn't even look at the ashtray light!

Cheers

Mike

The ashtray light is part of the dashboard illumination circuit. Maybe you could try to turn up the brightness by adjusting the dashboard light dimmer knob?
Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
The ashtray light is part of the dashboard illumination circuit. Maybe you could try to turn up the brightness by adjusting the dashboard light dimmer knob?
Cheers,
Tore

Cheers Tore, hopefully it's that simple.

Now I have to find the dimmer knob !

Mike

Confirmed it was the dimmer l. Turned it up and the light was bright. I feel a fool :oops:

Confirmed it was the dimmer l. Turned it up and the light was bright. I feel a fool :oops:

Darthmjh said:

Don't feel too bad Darthmjh. Before you started this thread I didn't even know there was a light in the ashtray!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back