Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First post - probably incoming 996 C4S

galahad

Silverstone
Afternoon all,

Joined a few years ago when I first started looking but have got my act together at last and agreed a deal for my first Porsche!

I've been looking for a while and have been considering everything from a 997 C2S, to a 991 C2 and then a 718 Cayman S (or upcoming GTS). Budget started off at £40k and then crept to circa £60k ish as it does..
Anyway, was chatting with a friend about it and he mentions that his boss was offloading some of his collection to make way for some new toys.

He's got a 2003 C4S, black with black leather, manual, no sunroof and Dansk sports exhaust. 44k miles with full main dealer history (9 stamps).

It's not had the IMS done, but the engine was fully inspected when he bought it and given a clean bill of health and he's done less than 5k miles in the 3 years since. He said he planned to do it when he changed the clutch but has used it so little it's never needed doing yet.

It's not what I was looking for at all, but I drove it and LOVED it! It felt as tight as a new car and pulled up and tracked straight with no play in the steering or looseness in the suspension. It sounded great too.

Prices for these seem to be all over the place, but he's been offered £25k by a trader who said they'd come and buy it immediately, so I have the opportunity to get it for that price which seems pretty good to me?

I'm not normally an impulse buyer, but I have a good feeling about this and so have booked it into RPM for a PPI next week with an agreement to buy subject to that not unearthing any horrors!

Fingers crossed!

At £25k you should break his arm off!

Sounds like a bargain.

A dealer would have that up for £30k I reckon.

Hi - my "biased opinion" is.... Great car to drive, feel good factor high, values going up, looks brilliant, good ones don't hang around and are quickly bought, dealers are advertising for stock...... How much more do you want ! - If the one you have found fits the bill go for it :thumbs:

Worth every penny with those miles, good luck with the purchase :thumb:

Great great cars. Well done for not just defaulting to a 991 or 997... 996 is the new modern classic. In 5 years it's cult status will go through the roof a bit like the 964 and 993 widebody... the movement has already begun!

Beware, you'll spend a lot of time just looking at it!!

:welcome: to 911uk Galahad.

Sounds like you've got yourself a great car at a great price.

Drive and enjoy. :thumbs:

T8 said:
:welcome: to 911uk Galahad.

Sounds like you've got yourself a great car at a great price.

Drive and enjoy. :thumbs:

& keep on looking at it! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back