Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2RS rumours of a 6min48s NBR time today # UPDATED!

ELA

Mental time!

chrikey even faster. I thought the 918 was 6.47.

what a monster. similar power to weight ratio or better I guess as the 918 is like 900 plus BHP but much heavier.

the 918 had a laptime of 6'57 on the Nordschleife which itself was 31 secs faster than the Carrera GT.

a 6'48 would be on another level !

There are only 5 official times below 7 mins for road legal production cars that I know of

1. Radical SR8LM = 6:48.00
2. Lamborghini Huracan Performante = 6:52.01
3. Radical SR8 = 6:56.08
4. Porsche 918 Spyder = 6:57.00
5. Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce = 6:59.73

Note, entry for "NextEV Nio EP9" removed since it is not a production car

Porsche set a new record for road-approved sports cars on the 20.6-kilometre Nürburgring Nordschleife in the 911 GTS RS on September 20. The record time of 6 minutes and 47.3 seconds was achieved in the presence of a notary and surpassed even Porsche's own expectations. Watch the full onboard footage.

260+ through fox hole, that car has some serious suspension development onboard, simply stunning. And the way it digs off 2nd gear corners!!! :eek:

Massive achievement by Porsche :worship:

There is also the footnote that they had 2 different drivers both consistently lapping below 6:50 lap after lap - it was not a one off banzai death or glory run by the most mental person that they could find in a car running on fumes at the cusp of overheating and blowing its tyres like some of the other attempts there.

Disco said:
There is also the footnote that they had 2 different drivers both consistently lapping below 6:50 lap after lap - it was not a one off banzai death or glory run by the most mental person that they could find in a car running on fumes at the cusp of overheating and blowing its tyres like some of the other attempts there.

Great. They should let me have a go, I bet I could do a 6:47 :grin:

Impressive. Can't buy one so ....

I guess we are way past that issue though maybe we should say impressive marketing :lol:

Roro said:
Disco said:

Great. They should let me have a go, I bet I could do a 6:47 :grin:

They should as he wasn't exactly breaking a sweat there!

on Cup2 'street' tyres too

rumour mill has started that porsche flashed the ECU for more grunt for a bit more oomph but I bet that's a factory version and they are not cheats like Lamborghini ;-)

NLW73 said:
on Cup2 'street' tyres too

rumour mill has started that porsche flashed the ECU for more grunt for a bit more oomph but I bet that's a factory version and they are not cheats like Lamborghini ;-)

I thought it was established that the lambo time was legit?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back