Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911tom's 3.8l engine build

I have not updated for a while. Purely because there is not much to add just yet. The car is currently going very well and I am just using it at every opportunity. I have tried to vbox it several times but my vbox failed to log data so many times. It finally recorded something a couple of weeks ago which Ken at 9e translated on the vbox dyno for me. It showed 694WHP so something like 800 to 850 HP. It feels bloody quick! It was not perfect test conditions. I had both kids seats in the back (no kids in them lol), had just fuelled up, had my emergency can of fuel in the front along with a drum of cable. I had just eaten lunch too (it all counts right).

I might log it a couple more times just to see if it can be improved on. No doubt it will be different when we finally fit a Y pipe and the meth injection.

No as I had the gearbox issue and been so busy with work and other things not done anything else to it other than fit a temperature to the gearbox so I can see what temps it runs. Still no meth, still running stock Y pipe etc. Saturday at VMAX was the first time the car got a proper run. Got some good data which Rick is analysing. We think we can run more boost as the turbos are only just getting in to there efficiency range. The logs should tell where we are fueling too. Need to get the intake sorted and meth installed for the next event.

Ahh. I've seen the 200+mph 360degree vid! Very impressive!!

What about the fuel gauge with the big injectors, did you have to have the gauge recallibrated or has the ECU done it on the fly? I ask because I ran out of fuel in mine for the first time ever a few months ago. The tank showed 1/4 full. When I went to Germany earlier in the year the gauge and mpg was spot on despite the 1100cc injectors.. :?:

I should hopefully be picking up my car later today from Fearnsport after having a custom Fearnsport built intake and methanol kit. The pipework and methanol tank has been designed by Matt himself and in true Fearnsport style is an absolute work of art!

40801812554_8e4adb19da_k.jpg

41514624051_29bdfb6add_k.jpg

40801799634_b05812ad88_k.jpg

40801803274_b2350ef590_k.jpg

40801806254_972836aa69_k.jpg

40801810294_292ba6ef37_k.jpg

41514620981_d7076283bc_k.jpg

:eek:

Looks like art :grin:

I got one of these in my frunk...

jack-daniel_s-flask_2.jpg

:thumb:

That looks superb, can't wait to hear more about it when it is all up and running properly.

MC

That methanol tank is amazing!

Ive been looking to replace my crap plastic one for a while. Are they planning on making more?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back