Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Crankcase oil filter part number (s)

kerb scraper

This may be a bit boring - but at least its not another value thread!

Back in June I ordered some Castrol Magnatec from CarParts4less as they were having one of their discount weekends and (although I already had the oil filters bought from an OPC) ordered two more filters since it was a sale.

Yesterday I finally got around to changing the oil.
The two filters bought from OPC were part numbers 993 207 201 02 (big one) and 993 107 203 03 (small one) and I've installed them with no problems.

Strangely the smaller filter bought from CarParts4less which was in a Porsche branded box but is branded as MAHLE and carries the part number
993 107 203 05. This number is on the box and the filter itself. Dimensions are the same as the OPC filter but the big hole down the middle looks a bit different (maybe the famed MAHLE non-return valve?)

My copy of the PET lists the same numbers as those filters bought from the OPC.
Using Google to search the 993 107 203 05 number didn't find much but I found this page on the MAHLE website that gives this number and some others as all suitable for my 993:
https://www.teilehaber.de/itm/oelfilter-mahle-original-oc-229-src1905576.html

So is the ...05 number filter OK to use? I'm confused - anyone know the answer?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back