Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Spacers -------------

Now next question is for these 7mm and 15mm hubcentric spacers which are of best quality or as good should I says I will need the bolts, is there a company that maybe does a kit, anyone with links?

Errr go back 3 posts and the answer is there Luke!

Hub centric, good quality, delivered next day with all bolts.

Just another point, try and get the black ones with the knurled edges, they look more OE and if you have OCD like me, you don't see the shiny spacer between wheel and hub :thumb:

Mine with 15 & 7mm. Just fitted RSS

Attachments

• img_0777_308.jpg
    img_0777_308.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,024
Apologies about the picture but you get the idea! :)

When you guys have had your geometry re-done after lowering/spacing, have you been able to dial in your chosen set up (Fast road, GT2 etc) WITHOUT fitting any extra toe and camber kit?

marconorth said:
When you guys have had your geometry re-done after lowering/spacing, have you been able to dial in your chosen set up (Fast road, GT2 etc) WITHOUT fitting any extra toe and camber kit?

Yes mine fell in the GEO settings of the GT2 without any further mods.

Boba fett said:
marconorth said:

Yes mine fell in the GEO settings of the GT2 without any further mods.

Noted Thanks

Just a gentle bump here. I'm in the market for some spacers. Which brands are recommended? Are TPI any good?

Thanks

Rich_r said:
Just a gentle bump here. I'm in the market for some spacers. Which brands are recommended? Are TPI any good?

Thanks

Rich, TPI are good , just make sure they are hubcentric if you want some good hubcentric even down to 3mm with spigots have a look at Porscheshop .
you can run up to 5mm without the hub lip but anything over that really needs to have the lip/spigots. :thumb:

Rich_r said:

Thanks

TPI makes great spacers, in my view. I've got them on the 911 and the GTI.

The ones I got are hub centric, have had them on for over two months now and no problems at all. About £130 off a good ebay seller.

Phil 997 said:
Rich_r said:

Thanks

Rich, TPI are good , just make sure they are hubcentric if you want some good hubcentric even down to 3mm with spigots have a look at Porscheshop .
you can run up to 5mm without the hub lip but anything over that really needs to have the lip/spigots. :thumb:

Cheers for the advice!

Just continuing this (seems this spacer business is bit of mine field).

TPI 7mm spacers are not hubcentric.

Any other recommendations? Porscheshop do not list 7mm ones (I will contact them today) I also keep seeing people mentioning these eBay specials, but which seller? They're not Chinese specials?

Also, do you guys fit locking nuts too?

Okay mush as I hate repeating my self, here I go again.

Got a set of wheel spacers for my 997.2 Turbo from a seller on ebay. I ordered 7mm front and 15mm rear, they came with extended bolts, one set for the front and one set for the rear. I also asked the seller for locking wheel nuts and they came as well.
The 7mm do not need a lip on them as enough of the original hub still protrudes when they're fitted, the rears are hub centric. The quality is excellent, high grade aluminium and fit perfectly. I've had mine on for over a month and there's is no wobble or shake and the bolts have remained tight and secure. There are pictures on another thread, before & after.

This is a link to the seller who supplied all of the above for £160 and they turned up day after ordering. Seller was excellent, told him exactly what I wanted and that's what arrived 5* service.

Link:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHEEL-SP...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I hope this answers your question.

easternjets said:
Okay mush as I hate repeating my self, here I go again.

Got a set of wheel spacers for my 997.2 Turbo from a seller on ebay. I ordered 7mm front and 15mm rear, they came with extended bolts, one set for the front and one set for the rear. I also asked the seller for locking wheel nuts and they came as well.
The 7mm do not need a lip on them as enough of the original hub still protrudes when they're fitted, the rears are hub centric. The quality is excellent, high grade aluminium and fit perfectly. I've had mine on for over a month and there's is no wobble or shake and the bolts have remained tight and secure. There are pictures on another thread, before & after.

This is a link to the seller who supplied all of the above for £160 and they turned up day after ordering. Seller was excellent, told him exactly what I wanted and that's what arrived 5* service.

Link:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHEEL-SP...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I hope this answers your question.

Just to add my own experience..the 7mm spacers without a lip do not work with Carrera Sport wheels. There is not enough of the original lip left for the wheel to centre 100% accurately and as a consequence there is a degree of wheel imbalance which can be felt through the steering. It is not a horrendous vibration but I found it unacceptable. Wheel balancing made no real difference. Many others I have spoken to experienced the same problem and had to resort to 7mm spacers with lips to give a satisfactory solution. Hope this info helps

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back