Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2.7 RS Period Tyres

AMS

Hi guys I have a '72 2.7 RS replica currently in build.. The car has 7's and 8's Fuchs. I am looking for advice on what is the best period tyre to use for aesthetics and cost / road holding compromise. Car will be a road car not track.. Any advice or experience greatly appreciated.

the Pirelli Cinturato CN36 is the best handling tyre for Porsche of this period.

they were also OE

Have recently purchased a set of Pirelli Cinturatos CN36 for my 1970 Fiat Dino.

And whilst I haven't actually driven it yet (after a 2 year restoration) - hoping to get it back next weekend!

All the advice from forum experts in that marque (and my mechanics impression) is that it will/has transformed the ride over the previous Michelin XWX, though with such major suspension work (over such a long period) a back to back comparison is difficult.

Got a good price (quickly delivered) from Longstone

Hi Vlad

I think CN36 was OE on the Dino

love to know how you get on with them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back