Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S about to pull the trigger

APL911

Hello forum. You look lovely today.

I'm hopefully about to put a deposit down on this 911 C4S. There is some negotiation to be done first mind.

http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/1205/996C4SManual/

Please let me know your thoughts and advice?
The mileage is quite high, but the condition is absolutely stunning.
The IMS has not been done, but the service record is exceptional. All OPC and JZM.
It's clearly been cherished it's entire life.

My concerns.

1. The mileage and it's future worth. I will be doing around 5k a year in it, so in four years time it will be at 125k (I've done the maths, trust me)

:roll:

2. The PSE is not switching off. 911Virgin have said they will repair if the cost is not too high.

3. The IMS has not been done. (I will probably have this done, it's just personal preference)

4. It is £1k over budget. Has anyone succeeded in negotiating the price down at 911 Virgin?

Any advice would be well received.

I doubt that there'll be that much wriggle room on the asking price but good luck trying. The fact that it's over your budget isn't a great negotiating tool. :wink:

The car itself looks great value for money and the mileage is reflected in the price. 911V have a great reputation on here and know their stuff.

You'll obviously be paying a dealer premium over what you could pay for a private purchase but the peace of mind you get by doing so is well worthwhile.

Values of the C4S have been rising steadily over the last 2-3 years so even putting your miles on it for a few years shouldn't affect the resale value in future. i.e it'll be worth the same as a part-ex in a few years time.

You'll just have to accept that (a) you won't get the dealer purchase premium back and (b) the market for any water-cooled 911 with 100k+ miles showing will always be somewhat limited.

Seems a good price to me. I doubt it will hang around, given how quickly the last four or five C4S's have sold at RPM.

Personally, I would't worry about that milage given the punctual OPC/JZM service history.

Assuming you're going to keep it for a while, I can't see you losing money.

PSE fix is a fair ask, though.

Good luck.

Looks like a great history. Probably worth the cost of a call to JZM to get their view on the car as they have looked after it for so long. Both reputable dealers. Good luck

Thats a great spec list and a great history. Despite the miles (which arent really any higher than average) that looks like really good value.

Early PSE was non-switchable - it had the PSE mufflers - and the solenoid controlling the valves - making it quiet between 25-45? - TUV regulation town driving speeds - and then loud the rest of the time!

Mine was like this and I bought the dash switch kit Porsche used to sell and fitted it myself to be able to control from the dash.

Or if you have the dash switch and its just not altering the sound, could be the solenoid in the engine compartment - or the small vacuum pipes pop off.

BTW what condition are the PSE mufflers in? if they are OEM I'd be surprised if the bottom seams aren't starting to go.

Great car - well optioned as others have said, if you halved that mileage you'd be looking high 20's I'd suggest so all in all a good price.

Check the boots and rads. you might think minor, but straight away you'd be looking to stump up £1-1.5K not want you want to be doing when you have just maxx'd your budget to get into one -ask me how I know :oops:

Don't shoot it!

... oh I see what you mean.

Yeah looks lovely. As said, don't expect much off but you're buying from one of the safest, most knowledgeable outlets possible.

911V don't buy crap, don't sell crap, and don't talk crap. Get it bought!
You're a long time dead.
:thumb:

Thanks for the comments so far.

PSE is switchable, but the solenoid does not work. It's no big deal for me to be honest. I quite prefer it loud all the time.

Rads have been done, and the previous owner his fitted a rather nice pair of mesh grilles behind the OEM grilles. Looks quite smart, and only notice it if you know what you are looking for.

911 Virgin are pure class, it has to be said. They are not too bothered if I buy it or not, as they know it will sell. It's going to take all my slick (non-existent) negotiating skills to get the price down.... but needs must. We shall see.

I will check out the exhaust boxes for rust and seam damage. Thanks for the heads up!

My appointment is at 16:00. I'll update again later. :thumb:

Good luck! It looks like a nice one and with it already reaching the dreaded 100k mileage threshold you should hopefully be able to drive it and enjoy without worrying too much about residuals! The wide body rear with the stripe on the 996 gets me every time!

Good news.

The deal is done, deposit paid. A few remedial bits and pieces to be done on the car, and I collect it mid October.

Everything you have read about 911 Virgin is true. Possibly the most relaxed and classy car buying experience I've had.

The price is very fair, and the transaction completely transparent.

Thanks to Tom and the gang. I can't wait to collect it now. :thumbs:

Great choice, I wouldn't let the mileage put you off at all, history far outweighs this in my opinion.

Enjoy it!!

Congrats - mid-October must feel an age away...!

Well done! :thumb:

Absolutely not my thing, but that Cayenne Turbo they've got coming in must have every possibly option on it! Burmester was what, £5K alone?

PCCB on a Cayenne? I salute their madness!

Looks lovely. Congrats, you'll love it. Don't tell us what you paid obviously but how much did 911 Virgin originally have it up for?

Looking through Autotrader the prices are firm.

Thanks guys.

Advertised at £21,000. There was very little room for any discount at that price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back