Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Emissions and London congestion charge

JAD

Hi All,

I've not been on for quite a while (life has been busy!) but still enjoying the porker.

I've just woken up to the fact that the new emissions related congestion charge in London which comes into effect next month could have serious implications for older petrol cars. I'm hoping one of the many experts on here can shed some light on this.

It would appear that older petrol cars not meeting Euro 4 emissions standards (i.e. Deemed polluting) will be hit with a surcharge (c.£10) on top of the congestion charge (c.£12) if you drive into central London.

I have a very late model 996.2 which was first registered on 1Mar05. Euro 4 came in on 1Jan05 but only for cars registered after 1jan06.

So technically my car didn't need to comply (I think). However, checking my V5 it states the CO 0.347g/km, HC 0.064g/km, NOx 0.02g/km and HC+NOx 0.084g/km, all of which I think are compliant with Euro 4.

Has someone experienced this? Managed to get TFL to accept a pre Euro 4 car as compliant (and therefore exempt from the surcharge)? Or have any helpful suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

JAD said:
I've not been on for quite a while (life has been busy!) but still enjoying the porker.

26 months to be precise. Good to hear from you Mr A-D. :thumb:

Sorry, I can't help regarding your query.

T8 said:
JAD said:

26 months to be precise. Good to hear from you Mr A-D. :thumb:

Sorry, I can't help regarding your query.

+1

Hope all is well John. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back