Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Airbox mod / Hemholz resonator delete

redbaron1973

Hi all,

I know this is a popular mod done for very little in the US using some sort of plastic bottle top - is there a UK/European product with the cap that fits ? - so to speak :)

Hi there, I used the top of a paint spray can - they vary slightly in size and I had a selection in the shed so just found one that was the best fit, sorry can't remember the exact brand - if i recall I had to cut it down in height a bit as well.

I did mine yesterday, makes a noticeable difference to the induction noise .

KJD said:

which or whose solution did you use? :)

redbaron1973 said:
KJD said:

which or whose solution did you use? :)

Blanked mind off with a bung and fitted a quality replacement silicone induction hose.

From what I have read you don't need to remove the resonator in a 997 just cap it off.

Great little mod , whether you buy the proper kit with bmc air filters from Design911 for £150 or use a cheap silicon hose and some kind of cap , still best to get a sports air filter bmc or k&n whichever you prefer . To my mind its the very first thing every 996 and 997.1 owner should do . I have BMC filters on my gen2 but still trying to find a maker of silicon hose to fabricate a hose for the 997.2 as its almost oval at one end and round at the other but still with that nasty corrigated pipe that cant do anything for smooth air induction .

KJD said:
From what I have read you don't need to remove the resonator in a 997 just cap it off.

the resonator box in a 996 can be removed with 2 screws and you then use a bung on the 997.1 the resonator is plastic welded so a lot of faff to remove so best left and capped off. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

the resonator box in a 996 can be removed with 2 screws and you then use a bung on the 997.1 the resonator is plastic welded so a lot of faff to remove so best left and capped off. :thumb:

Yes that how I read it also and it's simple to return back to stock should the need arise.

Having moved from a 997.1 to a 997.2 in April I had this kit and took it off when I did the trade in so if anyone would like it make me an offer. Black tube and black bung.

http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/prod_carkits.asp?make=porsche

Am in Leighton Buzzard or can post. Easy to do and you use the existing screw clips on the car and it sounds a lot better although the car did have PSE and I changed the filter to a BMC one.

I used this bung on my 997 air box:

s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Plastic...569445&hash=item418d7f9d05:g:W80AAOSw6aVUo0dS

A great fit & blends in nicely. 2 are currently cheaper than just 1.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back