Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Big Brother watching Track Days at Spa

T8

Super Moderator
Thought this may be of interest to Spa regulars.

I had a brilliant back-stage tour of SF last week and one of the parts visited was 'Race Control'.

I hadn't realised that even on an ordinary day eg. track days/ PR days etc that the monitors are manned and that the three decibel readers (green screen shown) are live all the time.

30 odd screens and even more 360 degree rotating mega zoom cameras allow Big Brother to spot absolutely everything that goes on.

Very similar to Hockenhiem. I too was surprised all this was running and manned on a track day.

IMG_5229 by pierslofi, on Flickr

I do a lot of motorbike trackdays and racing and was in the control room at Snetterton recently and even there it looked just like this. Got to watch a video of my girlfriend locking her rear wheel at 100mph and sliding down the main straight on her ass!

T8 said:

I had a brilliant back-stage tour of SF last week and one of the parts visited was 'Race Control'.

I hadn't realised that even on an ordinary day eg. track days/ PR days etc that the monitors are manned and that the three decibel readers (green screen shown) are live all the time.

30 odd screens and even more 360 degree rotating mega zoom cameras allow Big Brother to spot absolutely everything that goes on.

Cool, but don't worry to much, it don't look manned to me :grin:

Boba fett said:
T8 said:

Cool, but don't worry to much, it don't look manned to me :grin:

They're recording.

and Silverstone race Control

BsCz1K_IMAAjIRj.jpg

So that's how all the pics of smashed GT3's leak out :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back