Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Nice work Matty glad to see you're bringing her up to tip top condition :)

MattyR said:
3/ Replace calliper plates, springs, sensors etc

What's the above?, wear sensors?, new pads?, or you having them rebuilt?.

4/ Lower control arm and toe arms covers

I need some of these, are you sourcing via Porsche?

9/ New calliper dust overs all round

What is this?, piston seals?

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Nice work Matty glad to see you're bringing her up to tip top condition :)

MattyR said:
3/ Replace calliper plates, springs, sensors etc

What's the above?, wear sensors?, new pads?, or you having them rebuilt?.

4/ Lower control arm and toe arms covers

I need some of these, are you sourcing via Porsche?

9/ New calliper dust overs all round

What is this?, piston seals?

It's addictive getting these smaller jobs ticked off! It's the pre-cursor to some bodywork repairs, sound system and wheel spacers i.e. the fun stuff..

Not a full calliper rebuild just essential maintenance. The control arm and toe covers are being sourced by Precision thus are genuine. The seals are the dust covers to the calliper bleed nipples. Not essential but nice to renew as a couple had split.

There were also some last minute tweaks such as re-clipping the pollen filters back into place, replacing various undertray fixings and ordering a damaged heater pipe from Porsche (currently on back-order).

ATB!

A new Mot, no advisories.

But!!! Home from Mot and front bonnet supports have packed up. New ones ordered, not expensive but looks like a nightmare job to do. Piece of wood being used in the meantime to hold up the bonnet :dont know:

Replacement air duct cover plus some new bolts and washers to secure it.

Bought some bulbs and replaced the headlight switch and ash tray broken ones.

Bought 2 lower rocker gaskets and bolts, which I shall be attempting to fit tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be swearing to much :D

Darthmjh said:
Bought 2 lower rocker gaskets and bolts, which I shall be attempting to fit tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be swearing to much :D
Oh you will :D

An leather airbag three spoke 996 steering wheel

18" Work Mesiter rims

Oh dear not even collected the car yet :?:

Finally had my new ducted fog lights installed. Sylwrster @ Enigma created a clever side light and fog light combined in the single aperture using LEDs. Now the fog light isn't a dreadful weak yellow colour!

Attachments

• 912017154911_806x531_174.jpg
    912017154911_806x531_174.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 3,568
Tobesetc said:
Finally had my new ducted fog lights installed. Sylwrster @ Enigma created a clever side light and fog light combined in the single aperture using LEDs. Now the fog light isn't a dreadful weak yellow colour!

That looks great

Endoman said:
Darthmjh said:
Oh you will :D
I did and I gave up. Decided that I will leave it to the experts!

What did you buy

I have had the car for approx. 4 months now and gradually you notice little odds and sods missing. Obviously as time has went by bits of trim etc have been removed and possibly broke, or simply not refitted at all.
Things I have replaced, plastic nut covers under spoiler, plastic turn screws above rear centre reflector, under tray hanging bracket and fastener (more than £45) ultra sonic alarm microphone bracket, replaced velcro fittings in boot with H/D press studs (looks so much tidier) various cup washers located in the cabin, either scratched or cracked and the festoon bulb in glovebox (unusual size-31 mm) I am yet to check whether as a previous post mentioned the bulb if any, in the ashtray. I am presently awaiting for a rubber seal plug and a speed nut fastener located under the bonnet.
I also replaced the clear indicators with as new amber ones, correct for the car, a bargain of eBay (£15.50 the seller must have been gutted).

Re: What did you buy

Allan E said:
I have had the car for approx. 4 months now and gradually you notice little odds and sods missing. Obviously as time has went by bits of trim etc have been removed and possibly broke, or simply not refitted at all.
Things I have replaced, plastic nut covers under spoiler, plastic turn screws above rear centre reflector, under tray hanging bracket and fastener (more than £45) ultra sonic alarm microphone bracket, replaced velcro fittings in boot with H/D press studs (looks so much tidier) various cup washers located in the cabin, either scratched or cracked and the festoon bulb in glovebox (unusual size-31 mm) I am yet to check whether as a previous post mentioned the bulb if any, in the ashtray. I am presently awaiting for a rubber seal plug and a speed nut fastener located under the bonnet.
I also replaced the clear indicators with as new amber ones, correct for the car, a bargain of eBay (£15.50 the seller must have been gutted).

Good work Allen - it never stops, but that's part of the fun in owning these cars, and you don't have to do it all at once either, if at all :thumb:

I'm particularly interested in the H/D press stud thing you mentioned for the front boot carpet. I've not heard of this one - can you elaborate?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back