Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Porscha 964 Project 2017

Wow, nice work!

Noticed the box with Schrick cams, are you planning on getting the Motronic remapped or are you going with an aftermarket ECU?

Fab work there :thumb: and thanks for sharing it

8) Looking forward to reading the rest

Lovely colour :thumbs:

Unit 11

While the delays keep dragging on with the bodywork, Johnny & the chaps at Unit 11 have made quick work of the engine over the last 4 weeks.

Thanks to Rob (Ras62) for the photo update on the engine, unfortunately i was unable to get any as it was put together... Rob feel free to add any to the thread if you get a chance!

I'm glad to see the Rennline cam covers have been added and some of the carbon bling parts have yet to go on.

Chaps any suggestions for the fan colour. I am certain the Maritime Blue would be overkill as it appears everywhere else including the painted seat backs. I was leaning towards something different like Signal Yellow, with the orange tinge.

Can't wait now, another month or so...:drive:

Looking good 8)

if you are wondering what a maritime blue fan looks like on a 964:

Food for thought! :grin:

(PS the gaffa tape was taken off a few mins after the photo! :wack: )

Attachments

• maritime_blue_fan_248.jpg
    maritime_blue_fan_248.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 7,812
Hi Alam,

It's getting close now. All this takes me back and the anticipation is an undervalued part of the process.

Enjoy,
Paul

I know what you mean. I'm trying to plan a few road trips with it this summer.

While the project has been a learning experience, work has got in the way as i travel a lot and getting to see updates has been difficult. With hindsight there are a lot of things i would do differently next time...

Brian has found me a great set of used heat exchangers from the US at a very competitive rate and i have decided on yellow for the fan. Was orginally thinking Signal Yellow with the tinge of orange but think this Speed Yellow works nicer.

screen cap

Ready steady....

Its slowly coming together, partially back from the paint shop with some welding needed on the underside bumper support. I was hoping to have it ready for a weekend break with the Mrs up to Snowdonia in May... Wondering how long it takes to put this back together again?

:dont know:
Kash

A nicely sourced G50 C2 gearbox from the US

Speed Yellow with Maritime Blue... I recall saying Signal Yellow, but think this looks much nicer...Opinions? :?:

A set of used Heat Exchangers from Ebay for about 700ish

Random snaps...

Fantastic progress there sunshine. I dread to think what all this is costing :eek:

infrasilver said:
Gona look mega when done.

It most certainly will as it will be properly done this time round!

This thread will be closed. The project has now moved to RPM Technik. More updates will be put on a new thread.

Thanks all!

Cowboys & Conversions

Great job on the respray Jasmine!!

Ew, no prep work done on that section, they've blown straight over dust and crud without even de-greasing.

I saw a yellow 964 (I think RS??) that had the same issue, it was at Silverstone auctions and was being touted at a good price but I spotted that they (whoever had painted it) had blown straight over the crud in the corners under the front bonnet, most people bidding on it would probably have never noticed until its too late.

The fact that the oil filter housing securing nuts have been sprayed straight over tells a story!

The only way to do this properly :puh:

Attachments

• image_855.jpeg
    image_855.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 6,088
  • image_629.jpeg
    image_629.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 6,088

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members