Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should I come back to a 911......

Phil 997 said:
Andy , this is the type of thing a hartech fully rebuilt 4S just under 30k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...748177?hash=item3620eeb291:g:k5sAAOSwP6pZpEQv

Yup, this one, great keeper and has the right spec, manual, PSE, Sports Chrono, do check what exactly Hartech did, but looks great. Might be a bit pricey as its a private sale, but right up there!

I work from home and use my C2S cabrio 2007 as my only car, so it goes to the shops (not far) and so on without issue. They are a great car you really can use every day.

Found 2 other cars that have had engine rebuilds which may be of interest to you.

I follow TVR forums and cars with rebuilt engines are sought after and go at a premium. It seems the opposite the world of Porsche which I find odd, any thoughts on this?

[/url]http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609167833391?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&make=PORSCHE&radius=1500&sort=sponsored&keywords=rebuild&postcode=ls90sh&model=911&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1 http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201708228591985?model=911&keywords=rebuild&radius=1500&make=PORSCHE&postcode=ls90sh&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=2

benbuhagiar said:
Found 2 other cars that have had engine rebuilds which may be of interest to you.

I follow TVR forums and cars with rebuilt engines are sought after and go at a premium. It seems the opposite the world of Porsche which I find odd, any thoughts on this?

[/url]http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609167833391?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&make=PORSCHE&radius=1500&sort=sponsored&keywords=rebuild&postcode=ls90sh&model=911&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1 http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201708228591985?model=911&keywords=rebuild&radius=1500&make=PORSCHE&postcode=ls90sh&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=2

So the first one I wouldn't touch, £4700 does not get you an engine rebuild. A good Hartech one costs £8000 to £100000, someone has done the bare minimum here!

Second car is much better, only thing is the spec is quite low and the grey interior is the least sought after. but, nice looking car and as a daily driver it would do well. You aren't really going to lose money on it! Personal plate it and it suddenly looks like a £40k car :)

resigner said:
So the first one I wouldn't touch, £4700 does not get you an engine rebuild. A good Hartech one costs £8000 to £100000, someone has done the bare minimum here!

Second car is much better, only thing is the spec is quite low and the grey interior is the least sought after. but, nice looking car and as a daily driver it would do well. You aren't really going to lose money on it! Personal plate it and it suddenly looks like a £40k car :)

You mention low spec, what additional spec is sought after? Thanks

things like

PSE, or Porsche Sports Exhaust.
Sports Chrono
Hard Back sports seats
heated seats are very nice
parking sensor (note its only on the back!)
Manual is for me a must!

Saying that, they aren't essential, and price should reflect it. That 2nd one does and looks pretty good. Worth asking Hartech what they did exactly because there are different levels of rebuild.

Mileage is a key thing, but if it's a daily driver, get one around 50k to 70k miles and use it. The grey interior is a personal thing, it probably looks the most dated though.

Heated seats are a God send! Also parking sensors are seriously useful as rear visibility isn't exactly perfect.

tom_nieto said:
Heated seats are a God send! Also parking sensors are seriously useful as rear visibility isn't exactly perfect.

I have both, and agree, particularly as mine is a cabrio and the wife loves a heated seat!

I have no idea how I've owned convertibles without heated seats in the past. I don't think I'd buy anything built this century without them now!

resigner, it sounds like you've got a nice spec!

I'd add that sports chrono is a desirable addition but only on automatic and PDK cars. I can't really see the point of it on a manual apart from ruining the dashboard!

I have it on a manual car. It does make a very noticeable difference, but I always turn PASM back off as it is just pointless on UK roads.

Acceleration is noticeably more responsive on the throttle, so if pushing hard, it makes a difference, but I don't use it that often.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back