Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Failed Emissions

Silicone melting? Weird, once the chemicals that makes silicone is set it's heat resistant, you can put fire on it and won't melt but shows a slight discoloration and a little charged..that's another story that what they done to the exhaust is unacceptable, I'd go back and tell them to clean it all off completely, I.e. no trace of silicone, and if they don't then with the pictures posted tell OPC that you 3ill take it to the next level to a lawyer.... I'd f*****g do it within a heart beat, maybe they can sort a free exhaust or part payment for one OR compensation...

J

-- 997 -- said:
Silicone melting? Weird, once the chemicals that makes silicone is set it's heat resistant, you can put fire on it and won't melt but shows a slight discoloration and a little charged..that's another story that what they done to the exhaust is unacceptable, I'd go back and tell them to clean it all off completely, I.e. no trace of silicone, and if they don't then with the pictures posted tell OPC that you 3ill take it to the next level to a lawyer.... I'd f*****g do it within a heart beat, maybe they can sort a free exhaust or part payment for one OR compensation...

J

I would have thought it would melt and catch fire but ill happily bow to your judgement here as ive NEVER used the stuff on an exhaust .

I am however somewhat gobsmacked .. not only did they use a totally inapropriate substance there was no fault with the exhaust as it passed at another garage and also .. what really annoys me is they got it on your bodywork !

I doubt a first year apprentise would have even done this so my guess is the mechanics where too busy or off sick and the cleaning lady had a go .. bless her !

Im ashamed to have who ever did that in the same trade as me ..

You need to complain as if Porsche see this they will be talking to the OPC concerned .

Agree with all above. Excuse the pun but i really would blow a gasket if that were mine.

That looks like the work of a disgruntled kwik fit apprentices 4 year old son never mind a Porsche factory trained technician.

Shame on them.

My humble advice is indeed to take those pictures back to the manager, ask if he or she is proud of their work and think it acceptable? To think you cant get an OPC warranty if you have the wrong battery but a repair like that is ok? The mind boggles.

Good grief, i need another cup of tea, im now furious on your behalf!!!!

Recreational rage. Love it :floor:

Failed Emissions update. SAD

:nooo:

Update

Sorry for not posting this earlier but been a bit upset.

I took my car back to the OPC to get the silicone removed as i was very unhappy with the job they had done. Spent 3 hours sat there whilst they ground off the silicone with a wire brush and polished my cills.

I drove the car back home and all seemed well, no smoke this time. Parked the car up on my drive in front of the house as normal. Then 2 days later at 11pm my neighbor woke me to tell me that my car was on FIRE!

I managed to put the fire out very quickly but unfortunately the Insurance company have written the car off as it would cost £27000 to fix, as it would've needed a new engine??????

The damage was only to the top of the engine, everything else was still in perfect condition so it is strange that it was writted off.

I checked my cctv and it was not arson. It wasn't on a battery charger and i had not used the car for the 2 days. The Insurance company tells me that maybe the wiring was disturbed when taking the silicone off.

I am very upset about what happen as i had spent a lot of money getting this car right and was very attached to the car.

On a plus note AXA the Insurance company were very good and paid me the correct value of the car.

I was missing the car so i treated myself to a manual Turbo!!!

:D

Attachments

• 11226192_994495647259568_7357774798120223875_o_123.jpg
    11226192_994495647259568_7357774798120223875_o_123.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 3,502
  • 12132363_994495653926234_2066607263558834773_o_380.jpg
    12132363_994495653926234_2066607263558834773_o_380.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 3,502
  • rsz_img_5511_908.jpg
    rsz_img_5511_908.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 3,502
I would be upset too if that happened to me. Gutted for you mate, but you seemed to have recovered well with the Turbo. Such a great car.
This time don't put silicone on the exhaust😂

Trust me i wont be taken it to an OPC for any work

Nice looking Turbo

I love that color, I had a C2s in that same color.

Was it a Chappell's car?

:D

That's a sad story mate and sorry to hear it.

The turbo looks fantastic though 8)

Looks like harbour cars ?

Always got a decent stock on their website.

Good luck with this one :thumb:

Holy crap :dont know: I think in this case naming said OPC wouldnt go amis? :frustrated:

Lovely turbo, that should make you feel a little better.

Are you having to take the hit on your own Insurance for the pay out or is there an come back on the OPC. I guess it would be impossible to prove it was anything to do with them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back