Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bargain 993?

:hand: A dealer would look at low 40s to retail but won't pay the ask as the spread needs to be wider to prep the car (they all need something), give a warranty and tax/VAT etc. They're probably bidding very low 30s IF it meets their standard.

If it stacks up I could see dough in it at low 30s for a punter to take a punt on a private sale.

few private buyers around and whilst this is the lower end :roll: pricing of 993 there is still the worry of doing the dough in cold if they don't know the car.

If it's right the seller should expect a knock and move it on for sub 35 bags :bandit:
Clearly a car that has been valued without the aid of jonttt rose tinted MKll valuation goggles :roll:

Zingari, Mars bars are not 37p anymore :)

Zingari said:
:hand: A dealer would look at low 40s to retail but won't pay the ask as the spread needs to be wider to prep the car (they all need something), give a warranty and tax/VAT etc. They're probably bidding very low 30s IF it meets their standard.

If it stacks up I could see dough in it at low 30s for a punter to take a punt on a private sale.

few private buyers around and whilst this is the lower end :roll: pricing of 993 there is still the worry of doing the dough in cold if they don't know the car.

If it's right the seller should expect a knock and move it on for sub 35 bags :bandit:
Clearly a car that has been valued without the aid of jonttt rose tinted MKll valuation goggles :roll:

:hand: The MkI's are still working fine :bandit:

under offer + a huge amount of interest in the car according to the updated ad

badlands said:
under offer + a huge amount of interest in the car according to the updated ad

No surprise. It's a good price. I'm almost tempted to say 'cheap as chips'. But won't :hand:

It's sold.

Not to me. My offer didn't make it.

When is common sense going to prevail with 993's ?

imac said:
It's sold.

It is prevailing.

Engineers in Stuttgart bought them rather than kettles.

imac said:
It's sold.

It does chum in some circles. The list price wasn't too hexy to start with :thumb:

If Hans Christian Andersen was alive today The Emperor's New Clothes would feature a 993, but best read without the rose tinted specs :hand:

Zingari said:
imac said:
It's sold.

It does chum in some circles. The list price wasn't too hexy to start with :thumb:

If Hans Christian Andersen was alive today The Emperor's New Clothes would feature a 993, but best read without the rose tinted specs :hand:

No no no no. It would be 2.7 911 circa 1976. The biggest pile of Porsche turd since Ferdinand designed the Elefant in the early forties. They had so much in common, for a start, similar power to weight ratio and reliability :D

Just sold my 1995 GR 993 Tip s with 97,500 miles for £37,000 to a private buyer who seemed over the moon with the car and so he should, it was a nice one with good history.
Not looking myself to go back into a 993 and i've owned a 964 so next on my Porsche journey will be a ground up build of a striped out early 70's wide body iroc rsr tribute(sleeper) in some crazy colour combo we thinks which will be a keeper and make me forever happy, i'll stick around if you don't mind as i enjoy reading all the posts here :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back