Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bargain 993?

badlands

For the keen-eyed experts among you, does this look like somewhat of a 'enthusiast buyer' bargain for someone?

Discuss.... :dont know:

993 Carrera 4 1995 C4 Manual (1995) £36,950

993 Carrera 4 Coupe with Manual Gearbox, Blue Metallic with Grey Leather Upholstery.
121k miles

porsche-911-993-carra-4-cp-S3111010-1.jpg

if i was in the market for one I'd be round there......surprised a dealer hasn't had it off him

I think this belongs to or used to belong to a forum member - recognise the updated Porsche script on the rear.

I think its a reasonable price for a private deal assuming you may have the usual jobs to do.....

Looks a bloody bargain. The seats alone must be worth 5K

I'd say reasonable money considering colour, choice mods and mileage.

Blue/Grey combo is never going to shout "Wow". Front Splitter looks awkward without the Rear, Rear Porsche Script needs ditching, Budget Tyres, tired rear light bar...
All things that can be sorted relatively easily bit IMO first impressions count and it has been for sale on and off for a few months.

C.

think it would need closer inspection. IF no rust and it's had the typical scuttle rust problems sorted well, door check strap is good, engine pulls hard, suspension isn't too knackered (will still inevitably need to be replaced)....then it looks like a great price to me.

i bought a 964 C4 manual with higher milleage than this a year and half ago for the same £37k, albeit from a dealer. Maybe I paid too much but still, IMO to get a 993 C4 manual in late 2017 for the same money is great VFM as a 993 C4 is IMHO far superior to a 964 C4.

I would

If I was in the market for a 993 I would take a look.
looks good value , I have seen some up for silly money.

I still think it's reasonable money considering my points posted. I also think if the car was a C2 it would be more attractive to potential buyers. 964 is a slightly different market... look at 150k mile C2's fetching 50k+ all day long.
993's in comparison are still a bargain considering the improved motor and step up in rear suspension design, handling and refinement.

C.

cableguy said:
I still think it's reasonable money considering my points posted. I also think if the car was a C2 it would be more attractive to potential buyers. 964 is a slightly different market... look at 150k mile C2's fetching 50k+ all day long.
993's in comparison are still a bargain considering the improved motor and step up in rear suspension design, handling and refinement.

C.

:agree:

Looks decent. Ex-911V car also on the market for similar price with slightly lower miles and scuttle/chassis legs done. Also seems decent value. Or maybe this is simply where the 'market' is for high miles, regardless of transmission/model?

http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=7791

that Av Green one looks great too :thumb:

Well known forum contributor and all round good guy by all accounts - sort of surprised his car has not sold........market for this mileage and flavour seems to be levelling out around £35K.....

SHAKTER said:
Looks decent. Ex-911V car also on the market for similar price with slightly lower miles and scuttle/chassis legs done. Also seems decent value. Or maybe this is simply where the 'market' is for high miles, regardless of transmission/model?

http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=7791

Yep, Madalaa's 993

Madala's car is definitely the better buy looking at the work that has been done, it also has the much sought after Black Interior.
Looking at the market over the last few months, I think the gap is widening slightly between NB Manual 993 C2's & C4's, just like its predecessor the 964.

C.

cableguy said:
Madala's car is definitely the better buy looking at the work that has been done, it also has the much sought after Black Interior.
Looking at the market over the last few months, I think the gap is widening slightly between NB Manual 993 C2's & C4's, just like its predecessor the 964.

C.

I think you're right, despite the 4wd system being far less intrusive in the 993 onwards.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back