Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996 turbo, the story so far.....

Love the way you're doing things that are genuinely new and different DW

Really like the look of the front end, excellent job. :worship:

IMO the std steering wheel/dash combo looks superb re-trimmed, not so with the Momo wheel. Just my 2p.

HSC911 - Thanks again mate, really appreciate the positive comments. :thumb:

madalaa - Thanks very much. Mean was exactly what I was going for.

lofi - Thanks again, really appreciate that mate. :thumbs:

ragpicker - Thanks mate, glad your liking the front end. Hope you got the pm the other day.

The DRLs were really easy to wire up. They're designed to be fitted directly to the battery terminals, with what they refer to as a 'control box' between the lights and the battery. This is designed to give the DRLs power only when the ignition is on, rather than them staying on all the time and draining your battery. There's also an option to wire them into the sidelights so that they dim when the main lights come on, but I didn't want them to dim with the main lights as I felt they weren't bright enough to justify it.

Initially it didn't seem like the best way to do it and I was planning on having them hard wired in by someone who knows exactly what they're doing, but they've been ok so far so I haven't changed it. Hope that helps.

APL911 - Thanks very much. Cheers mate.

plynchy - Thanks mate, I appreciate that.

Awesome looking car and love that most
Of them are subtle mods that make a big difference tot the appearance , removing the slats from the front bumper makes it looks totally different and a lot better!

Loving the mesh on the grills. Might have to give that a go myself. How did you attached the mesh to the surround?

stubbsy - Cheers mate, really appreciate that.

adirussell - Thanks very much mate. The mesh is attached to the grills with a mixture of small screws and a two part adhesive from JB Weld called 'plastic bonder'.

The adhesive seemed to be fairly effective on its own, but I put in a few screws where I could for a bit of extra hold, just in case. I hope this helps.

I fitted mesh on my std 996.2 (not turbo), black aluminium mesh from ebay secured by stainless screws from the inside (bumper off job) so that it can be removed if required.

Does a great job at keeping crap out of the radiators/comdensors

DW 996turbo said:
stubbsy - Cheers mate, really appreciate that.

adirussell - Thanks very much mate. The mesh is attached to the grills with a mixture of small screws and a two part adhesive from JB Weld called 'plastic bonder'.

The adhesive seemed to be fairly effective on its own, but I put in a few screws where I could for a bit of extra hold, just in case. I hope this helps.
:thumb:

maldren - Sounds like a good plan. Ideally I would've attached the mesh with screws only, so I could remove it if it ever needed repainting or replacing altogether. Unfortunately, as a lot of the plastic grills had been cut away to create the look I was after, there wasn't enough plastic left to screw into in some places. Glad to hear the mesh keeps all the crap out of the rads though. :thumb:

BHZ661 - Thanks very much mate.

After I bought my car, I found the condensors were in a very poor state and badly clogged, I fitted new condensors and was surprised how quickly more
rubbish got in there.
Although the mesh does a great job at keeping leaves, stones etc out, I still intend to check the condensors occasionally as the mesh does collect a lot of leaves that you will have to wipe away.

I like all the mods you have carried out especially the rear spoiler and front mesh /DRL's which are my favourite.👍 Looks monster.

maldren - I was the same with mine, I'd had the radiators replaced about two months before fitting the mesh, but when I removed the front bumper I was surprised how much crap had already collected there.

I know what you mean about the leaves though, mine seems to collect them on the surface now as well. Better than in with the radiators and condensers though I guess.

I'll take your advice and still check them from time to time, as I'm sure there will still be little bits and pieces getting through. :thumb:

edge - Thanks mate, much appreciated.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back