Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Connect iPhone for music?

lewisf182 said:
I got an isimple /tranzitblu HD. Basically splices into the FM signal of the radio, looks 100% OEM and you connect to it via phone bluetooth. It's the perfect mix of price and sound. Was about £120 all in whereas densions etc are nearly £400 or so. I fitted it myself relatively easily and i'm not any good at that sort of thing really.

I'm thinking of getting one of these, did you have to run a separate switched live from the fuse box?

Drybeer said:
I've got the £13 one from e-bay. It's excellent for the money and keeps the car original.

Me too, I think cost around £10. Considered the Mobridge/Dension but could not justify the cost. If I used the car every day it might be different. Doesn't look too bad.

One weird problem though. In my car if leave the unit plugged in (to the cigarette lighter) the bluetooth signal is so strong it stops the remote locking from working (it should switch itself off after the BT disconnects)

pye21 said:
Has anyone tried one of these for CD-R22/23?

I have tried one of the cheap ebay cables for connecting an iphone directly and it doesnt work. It will charge the phone, but wont connect the phone to the stereo. I want to keep the OE headunit, but have the option of playing music off my phone.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xcarlink-...hash=item27d086dd89:m:mFGjoiwYsocc2l4SquffYnA

pye i cant see the link as my work computer wont let us access ebay
but i have a cheap cable for mine that works a treat
did you enable the aux mode on the head unit?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back