Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 Noisy Heater Fan Motor

Tin man

Hi all

Getting a loud noise when my heater fan is on at a higher speeds. Almost sounds like a lawnmower! Is the a common fault and is it an easy fix or new motor.

Many thanks

John

John it may well be as you say the motor, but worth just getting it checked to make sure there's nothing trapped in the rotor or somethings come loose and the rotor is touching somewhere. but your description sounds like a bearing in the motors packed up and causing the rotor to spin out of alignment and touch something . :thumb:

If you take the pollen filter out you can see into the motor and if theres any leaves or debris causeing the noise.

Noisy fan is not a common fault but like anything it can happen .

Not hard to replace .

I had the foam lining of the heater flap delaminate and cause the same symptoms. Removed it and presto.

Thanks for the replies.

I have only noticed it since was was serviced a couple of weeks ago. How do I locate the pollen filter & heater flap? Probably worth a look.

Thank you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back