Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bodyshop

Pilot

Can anyone recommend a decent bodyshop in or around London?

Also, has anyone dealt with Autobody technic in Langley and if so were they happy with their work?

Thanks. I've already tried M & A and looking for other quotes.

By the way, what is the general view on what it should costs to spray the bonnet and front bumper?

Try Mototechnique 141 Molesey Ave, West Molesey KT8 2RY
Phone: 020 8941 3510. Great work!

Pilot said:
Can anyone recommend a decent bodyshop in or around London?

Also, has anyone dealt with Autobody technic in Langley and if so were they happy with their work?

What part of town OP?

Pilot said:
Thanks. I've already tried M & A and looking for other quotes.

By the way, what is the general view on what it should costs to spray the bonnet and front bumper?

Around £1800-£2200 + VAT at Porsche-approved bodyshop. Bonnet will be back to bare metal respray. Bumper is polyurethane so sanded down and sprayed.

North London primarily but don't mind travelling further.

M & A quoted £3,200 all in which I thought was crazy.

Could be London prices. Did you get a price as a walk-in customer or via an OPC referral? It helps if you go via a referral in my experience if you have a good relationship with OPC.

Or try via an Indy referral to an Indy bodyshop - JAZ? V911?

If you are prepared to travel a bit....

Riviera

http://www.rivieraautobody.co.uk/

Ty does lots of Porsche work and whilst he is not cheap he will give you a fair price

Thanks - I'll give Riviera and Mototechnique a try tomorrow.

M & A was through a referral but they will not go below £95 plus vat an hour.

Riviera is who I shall be taking mine too - not that I've used them before, but the work looks good and Ty seems a nice chap.

I would hazard a guess that Rivera will cost half of what you have been quoted at M&A.

As already mentioned Ty is a top guy and paints a lot of Porsches

I had the front bumper and near side wing painted on my Turbo back in November for £700 . Perfect match and finish. If your bonnet is aluminium then shy away from a back to bare metal repaint if the existing paint is original. The body shop is in Kent so may be to far out .

I have just had my bonnet and front bumper resprayed by Poole accident repair ctr which are this regions porsche approved body shop. Bonnet bare metal respray with pics to validate. Front bumper sanded etc total inc vat was £1400 approx the work is Porsche approved carries a warranty and a new Volvo for the week while it was done. I would be spending £50 in fuel and driving down here and save yourself £700/1000 and know it's fully Porsche approved :thumb:

Never used them...but my wife likes their coco body butter :dont know: :lol:

Seriously though.. I'm not keen on taking it back to bare metal... surely it removes the galvanised protection :dont know: :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back