Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black tips and badges installed....

I have been looking high and low for a gloss or satin black turbo badge for the rear - Like Easto says its only the 13cm version.

Dont think I fancy paying £100 for just a rear badge from an OPC just to spray it black anyway!

Would be good if someone could source a 18cm version

Agreed!
Plastidip worked quite well tbh!!
Although it's starting to come away now as I've tested different washing methods and it doesn't like a direct hose jet!
Easy to redo

JP_Turbo said:
I have been looking high and low for a gloss or satin black turbo badge for the rear - Like Easto says its only the 13cm version.

Dont think I fancy paying £100 for just a rear badge from an OPC just to spray it black anyway!

Would be good if someone could source a 18cm version

I have been looking for months and months (7.25 inch OE version)...managed to get this one, and it was perfect.....

Trouble is recently I bought an aerokit rear deck and had to put an OE one on because I could not find another gloss black one......

Still on the hunt as painted ones for me don't look the same, but as already mentioned might go gloss magenta to match the red details...!!

Still on the hunt as painted ones for me don't look the same, but as already mentioned might go gloss magenta to match the red details...!!

I would either go black or remove all together, I have de-badged mine and much prefer it...... with most cars having turbos these days and only vans or Astras drawing attention to it with badges it was not for me. Those that know their cars know what it is without, those that don't will not care either way!

maph said:

I would either go black or remove all together, I have de-badged mine and much prefer it...... with most cars having turbos these days and only vans or Astras drawing attention to it with badges it was not for me. Those that know their cars know what it is without, those that don't will not care either way!

I like the badge though, and I'm proud of owning a 911 Turbo.

Fair enough. Yours looked great without IMO but I would colour code in Basalt in that case.

maph said:

Fair enough. Yours looked great without IMO but I would colour code in Basalt in that case.

It's never been without a rear badge mate :?:

Boba fett said:
maph said:

It's never been without a rear badge mate :?:

You posted loads of pics when you first fitted the Aero wing. Thought those were without a badge...... prob wrong though.

I agree with other's, the exhaust tips and shield is very in keeping, subtle and aesthetically effective.

The badge on the bonnet...not so sure. Maybe a white one with the Porsche inset colours would have been a better choice. I'm sure stood in front of the vehicle it's ok, or you'd have second thoughts and changed it.

But the personal touches are certainly in the right direction :thumb:

MNC911 said:
I agree with other's, the exhaust tips and shield is very in keeping, subtle and aesthetically effective.

The badge on the bonnet...not so sure. Maybe a white one with the Porsche inset colours would have been a better choice. I'm sure stood in front of the vehicle it's ok, or you'd have second thoughts and changed it.

Agreed,
Rear, but not front. Still its your car do what you want with it!
:thumb:

Alam said:
MNC911 said:

Agreed,
Rear, but not front. Still its your car do what you want with it!
:thumb:

It's having white inserts out in this weekend...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back