Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Monza trip plus Bridgestone Perenza plus 997 turbo

silvermilnec

Just did a 8 day 2500 mile trip in the turbo for the F1 in Monza.

I've only done 1500 miles in the last year/since buying so great to get to know the car really well!

My car came to me shod with Bridgestone perenza tyres, I've never used them before and wouldn't normally be first choice. I needed a set of rears before the trip. I deliberated about changing all 4 corners to Pirelli or Mitchelin but decided I'd spent enough recently and I had plenty of wear left on the fronts and couldn't throw perfectly good tyres away.

We had some of the worst weather I've ever driven in, I'm happy to say the Bridgestone performed well in both the dry and the wet! Even on the hairpin bends of the alps in thunder and lightning at night in sports mode having fun/sh##ng myself they felt assured and never really gave way.

Just thought it might help if anyone gets a car with them on don't worry they are just fine or the turbo is just awesome and it doesn't matter what tyres are on it.

Attachments

• img_6505_206.jpg
    img_6505_206.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 4,264
  • img_6502_153.jpg
    img_6502_153.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 4,264
  • img_6510_707.jpg
    img_6510_707.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 4,264
Bridgestones don't seem to be popular on here, but I have tried both them and Pirellis and vastly prefer the Bridgestones, the Pireliis feel wobbly over slow speed bumps to me, maybe they have a softer sidewall but I didn't like them.

At roughly £750 a set compared to £1000 for the Michelins I struggle to see what how the Michelin's could be that much better.

I do have some Pirelli winters though and they seem fine, not wobbly over slow bumps like the summers. I made this conclusion with my DSC TPC module fitted and without.

I've had N rated Bridgestones on both my 996 and 997 and have always been satisfied with their compatibility with the car which differs with my view of MPSS when fitted to both my previous M135i and E92 M3. I've always had luke warm experience with Pirelli tyres so don't ordinarily entertain them..........unless they're very cheap!!

Those were some of the storms I had to drive through on our homeward stretch - from Davos-Munich before the weekend, then passing Hockenheim on the Saturday, which is probably some of the worst weather I've driven in.

Being on Cup2 tyres gave me something to think about, as the were slightly twitchy crossing any white lines on the Autobahn, but fortunately that was all..

Still, sounded like a good trip - I did the same stop heading south, and bumped into a Porsche meet when we stopped..

Attachments

• 20729103_10154981619009366_6694798950917697388_o_964.jpg
    20729103_10154981619009366_6694798950917697388_o_964.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 3,996
Looks lovely with the black wheels on mate :grin: :grin: :grin:

Boba fett said:
Looks lovely with the black wheels on mate :grin: :grin: :grin:
I was thinking that boba 😂😂

I would bet 99% of drivers wouldn't be able to tell the difference between any new Pirelli/Bridgestone/Michelin et all. Sure, we can all tell when we replace our worn out tyres with any brand of new tyre, but that's a given.

If you were to put on new Pirelli's, then switch to new Michelin/Bridgestone etc, you'd need to be a driving God to notice any difference. :D

I've been working out in Nurburg for the last week and managed to get a few hours on the GP track. I managed three dry sessions and then those rain storms came in so hard, so much rain in such a short period of time and cars were sliding off all over the place.

royal said:
I've been working out in Nurburg for the last week and managed to get a few hours on the GP track. I managed three dry sessions and then those rain storms came in so hard, so much rain in such a short period of time and cars were sliding off all over the place.

Some of the storms we had were just crazy! But then some of the flash downpours we are having in Yorkshire are just as bad!!

Had them on my C2, was very happy with them. Hard wearing too

Ishay said:
Had them on my C2, was very happy with them. Hard wearing too
that's good to know 👍

My 996 C2 came with Bridgestones. They drove fine but I discovered cracks running round the tyre in the tread grooves. They weren`t that old either .... worth a check :wink:

chaser said:
My 996 C2 came with Bridgestones. They drove fine but I discovered cracks running round the tyre in the tread grooves. They weren`t that old either .... worth a check :wink:

Will do mate cheers for the heads up👍

I'm down in Italy at the moment.....I think we were caught in those storms on the way down through the Black Forrest/Switzerland! I didn't take the Porsche but the wipers on my 3 series were flat out for about 100miles of that section! Thick fog and deep snow up over the Furka Pass though! :eek:

Have them on my manual 997 turbo and never felt I needed anything else 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back