Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 10
997 : 2004- 67
996 : 1997-2005 45
993 : 1993-1998 11
964 : 1989-1993 4
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 16
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 10
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

IanG1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BChivs wrote:
IanG1 wrote:
How about this
http://www.andypageperformancecars.co.uk/used-porsche-996-northampton-northamptonshire-1227057

The Old 5 year service gap with zero other paperwork. Love the car, rare colour and Decent spec inc PSE, but there was a service carried out mid 2009, and then not serviced after that until August 2014. Only 5 stamps in the book and one is hand written with no stamp. This all put me off.

Umm that's interesing as the ad says FULL PORSCHE service record. What was the mileage between the service gap? Most people looking for these are as vigilant as you and will query the same things so it could be a decent bargaining tool? If the car is a keeper for you then as the years tick by the gap will have less significance and a rare colour manual car will always demand a premium. Ad says a full service and health check so offers a little more piece of mind. Make sure it has a bore scope, possibly factor in an IMS change and it could be a decent proposition. I viewed a same colour car with similar spec 6 months ago but with 87K on it, patchy history and tatty around the edges and it went on to sell for £24K

cheshire911
Paul Ricard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only advise patience, stick to your non-negotiable list (manual car) and take solace that a clutch of good reliable indys reliably tell me there are a lot of knackered dogs out there - oil leaks, corroded brake pipes, DIY repairs from self-certified Porsche technicians, knackered gearboxes (a vulnerability in manual box cars that typically costs £4k to put right), worn pinion on high milers and so the list goes on.

So the overwhelming recommendation is to buy top-price stock from a top-notch Indy, otherwise pay for a PPI by a guy who knows what to look for a d acts only in your interest. It will be £300-£400 well spent.

The C4S is a wide-body Turbo look-alike and so tends to be very desirable given the premium between it and a 996 Turbo. But the right car exists out there. I had to see a lot of knackered dogs of Turbo cars - if the car is sound, jump on it. Too much talk about colour choice interior and exterior - stick too hard to that and you risk losing a good car - good stock is thin on the ground.
It tends not to wait too long.

BChivs
Monza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just pulled the trigger on one pending inspection! Very Happy I'm having it PPI'd Wednesday, so all going well it should be sat on the drive by the end of the week! Thumb

Polar Silver with Black leather
PSE
BOSE
Carbon Pack
Crested Seats
Rear sensors
Litronics
59k Full Porsche History

Thumb

Chigster
Silverstone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks good! looking forward to pics!
Did you buy private or go to a dealer?

Raynesy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called 10 mins after you about that one then!!! Hope it's a good one!

BK911
Spa-Francorchamps

1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lovely. Congratulations!!

That dealer is good, I've not bought from them but as a long term and current Lotus owner I know they have a great reputation.

So we've both (hopefully) bought 2002 C4's within a month of each other.. one private one dealer!!

Yours does look very very smart, fair asking price given the dealer warranty etc. Not surprised that didn't hang around for long.

Has it had the IMS, RMS and Clutch done recently? Hopefully it has, sure the PPI will confirm.. it's a costly amount of work, factor that into the final verdict.

Good luck.

Brij

BChivs
Monza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BK911 wrote:

That dealer is good, I've not bought from them but as a long term and current Lotus owner I know they have a great reputation.

So we've both (hopefully) bought 2002 C4's within a month of each other.. one private one dealer!!

Yours does look very very smart, fair asking price given the dealer warranty etc. Not surprised that didn't hang around for long.

Has it had the IMS, RMS and Clutch done recently? Hopefully it has, sure the PPI will confirm.. it's a costly amount of work, factor that into the final verdict.

Good luck.

Brij

Thanks, I'm genuinely over the moon. I would've preferred a newer car (maybe later 2004) but this would likely have carried another 2-3 grand asking price, so really happy with the deal. Its go a great spec too with litronics, PSE etc. and I love the Polar silver....not too many about in this colour, and once I give it my detailing treatment I'm sure it will shine!

It has a receipt for new clutch and RMS 10k ago...no mention of IMS but will most likely get this done inside the 6 month warranty period. Thumb

Ghianightmare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with it.

I bought mine in June this year from a guy in Sevenoaks. It was advertised on here. 125k miles with a gap in the owner and service history from 2008-2010. The engine was rebuilt in 2015 by the guy I bought it from so the gap didn't bother me too much. Clutch and brakes were done in 2014. I was satisfied that the risks in buying were mitigated.

Imagine my surprise when I took off the front bumper to have a general clan and found the condensers and rads has an manufacture date of 2009! When I detailed the wheel wells I discovered relatively fresh looking bilstein B6s (I had noticed they were yellow when buying). When I removed the rear bumper to have a prod, clean it and change the clamps, I discovered Fabspeed mufflers! the wheels are the hollow Turbo wheels. The car has only done about 30,000 miles in the past 7 years and as there are no receipts in the paperwork for all of the other 7 owners, I reckon the guy who owned it between 2008-2010 spent a lot of money on it. For once, the story got better the deeper I dug. Normally it is the opposite way!

hope the deal works out.

if it has a sunroof, check if the one touch opens and if it is laboured when closing. tilt and full open and full close should be one touch. Google it. Motors are expensive.

BK911
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BChivs wrote:
BK911 wrote:

Good luck.

Brij

Thanks, I'm genuinely over the moon. I would've preferred a newer car (maybe later 2004) but this would likely have carried another 2-3 grand asking price, so really happy with the deal. Its go a great spec too with litronics, PSE etc. and I love the Polar silver....not too many about in this colour, and once I give it my detailing treatment I'm sure it will shine!

It has a receipt for new clutch and RMS 10k ago...no mention of IMS but will most likely get this done inside the 6 month warranty period. Thumb

That's a really great deal then. You made the right decision on disregarding age, it's all about condition, history and mileage. Actually looks quite contemporary compared to mine in black with the tan that looks a bit more vintage!

Look fwd to hearing about your purchase. I've already done 500 miles in mine, it's superb. I absolutely love it, utter bargains for the £25k mark..

Phil 997
Fuji

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BChivs wrote:
BK911 wrote:

Has it had the IMS, RMS and Clutch done recently? Hopefully it has, sure the PPI will confirm.. it's a costly amount of work, factor that into the final verd

Good luck.

Brij

Good To hear you have found a good car , now its time to enjoy driving it. Thumb

BChivs
Monza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. Fingers crossed all is ok with the inspection I suppose otherwise its back to the drawing board!! Neutral There's a couple of bits i'd like to do....Some might shoot me down but id like to get wheel spacers, and a subtle suspension upgrade so it sits nicely and the OEM quad exhaust tips. Thumb

Phil 997
Fuji

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BChivs wrote:
Thanks all. Fingers crossed all is ok with the inspection I suppose otherwise its back to the drawing board!! Neutral There's a couple of bits i'd like to do....Some might shoot me down but id like to get wheel spacers, and a subtle suspension upgrade so it sits nicely and the OEM quad exhaust tips. Thumb

All three are good easy mods and improve the look a lot. Thumb

BChivs
Monza

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after a long 5 hour drive from Norfolk back to Bath I am now the proud owner of a C4S😊 Love it already! Quite a steady run back other than in the M25 tunnels! Windows open, PSE valves open, drop back to about 30, drop it a couple cogs and gun it! That noise!!😮👌🏻👌🏻

HSC911
Paul Ricard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

BK911
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BChivs wrote:
So after a long 5 hour drive from Norfolk back to Bath I am now the proud owner of a C4S😊 Love it already! Quite a steady run back other than in the M25 tunnels! Windows open, PSE valves open, drop back to about 30, drop it a couple cogs and gun it! That noise!!😮👌🏻👌🏻

Congrats on the car.. Any plans for it? I've already spent £3.5k on refresh / upgrades in my head thumbsup

Gary Jones
Montreal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats - you can ignore my pm Sad

mr gill
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PSE sound is truly glorious!!! If it goes quiet between 20 and around 40mph you need to snip a resister in the relay, the valve stays open all through the rev range then.
7 more 3 series BMW.... (yes I like them!)

BChivs
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BK911 wrote:
BChivs wrote:

Congrats on the car.. Any plans for it? I've already spent £3.5k on refresh / upgrades in my head thumbsup

Already made a shopping list!😉 Booked into Porsche Centre Bristol for a service once I'm back from hols, and then I plan a leather refurb. I'd like to source some 20mm RUF springs and spacers.

BK911
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BChivs wrote:
BK911 wrote:
BChivs wrote:

Already made a shopping list!😉 Booked into Porsche Centre Bristol for a service once I'm back from hols, and then I plan a leather refurb. I'd like to source some 20mm RUF springs and spacers.

Fantastic.

Mines at Parr now having a brand new MO30 fitted. Should drop it by 10-15mm.

Leather is being done on the 10th Oct... The guy (Paul) who did my old 911 eight years ago is doing this car too. Can't wait for that refresh.

911munKy
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BK911 wrote:

Mines at Parr now having a brand new MO30 fitted. Should drop it by 10-15mm.

Just to prepare you but I doubt that your car will sit any lower, the 10mm drop that M030 supposedly gives will be similar to how much your standard suspension has sagged over the years. Well that was the case with mine and several other folk, it is still a great package and will make your car feel noticeably better than the tired original suspension, it's firmer but not OTT and the ride height means that you don't annoyingly ground out during daily use.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: