Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 997.1 turbo manual - healthy budget for right car

silvermilnec said:
RJW1881 said:
NickHappy said:
rabbitstew said:
Dovehouse have just got a black one back in stock. They sold it earlier in the year so it looks like that buyer only had it for the summer months. Its a very early 2006 one, but a good spec.

Cheers for that - I've spotted that one and is a contender. :thumb:

I saw this one advertised over the weekend and it caught my eye. Its almost identical spec & millage to mine (except mine has the PCCB's and a few other irrelevant bits) when I bought it from a local INDY 2 years ago.

I paid £10k less than this one is now advertised at Dove House! If I had parked mine in the garage I could have made a few quid. Thankfully I didn't, I've changed the suspension and the exhaust along with a few other bits and spend a fantastic 18k miles behind the wheel on high days and holidays. If I'm lucky its still worth what I paid for it as it stands, which I think is a real result.

I can vouch for Dove House, they have maintained my car for the last 12 months and they are honest, knowledgeable and efficient. They have earned their accolades. If I was you, I would get over to Dove House ASAP and get a deposit on that car before its sold.

For clarity, I have absolutely no affiliation with Dove House.

Agree, I think the Dove house car is fairly priced, I don't like the carbon but it can be changed easy but I do love the red stitching!!! :thumbs:

I like the carbon and the stitching, i just prefer yellow to match my PCCB's

Sorry about all the photo's but I really like it!

Attachments

• phpawo8snam_140.jpg
    phpawo8snam_140.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 4,021
  • img_3188_387.jpg
    img_3188_387.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4,021
  • img_3190_156.jpg
    img_3190_156.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,021
  • img_3192_141.jpg
    img_3192_141.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,021
  • img_3196_160.jpg
    img_3196_160.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,021
I think the yellow matches the carbon better :thumb:

I'm not a fan of either, mine had carbon bits and pieces and although I still have them, I changed them for my liking. The hard Carbon door pockets where the worst where you rested your elbow, might as well be resting on concrete.

What is the appeal with the stitching? once you shut the door, its just odd colored stitching in a black interior?

I do get thats its different though, and some love that, so just ignore me :thumb:

Thanks for all the info Gents, really useful. I've had some good PMs but nothing firm yet. The Dove House car at £56,800 is a close call - just a tad above my budget and ideally I'm looking @45k mls.
As you all know it's a big purchase and I want it to be right (don't we all!!) so I'll be patient for a little while longer

Hopefully this should be the right time of year for cars coming to the market. Ill keep you posted

:thumb:

Cheers

NH

Boba fett said:
I'm not a fan of either, mine had carbon bits and pieces and although I still have them, I changed them for my liking. The hard Carbon door pockets where the worst where you rested your elbow, might as well be resting on concrete.

What is the appeal with the stitching? once you shut the door, its just odd colored stitching in a black interior?

I do get thats its different though, and some love that, so just ignore me :thumb:

Door pockets in mine are leather so very comfy.

I find the black interiors of most German cars quite austere, the yellow in the stitching, instrument cluster and seat belts complimented with the carbon seems to add a bit of fun. Like what they have done in the 918.

Each to their own I suppose.

Attachments

• img_6891_171.jpg
    img_6891_171.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 3,938
RJW1881 said:
Boba fett said:

Door pockets in mine are leather so very comfy.

I find the black interiors of most German cars quite austere, the yellow in the stitching, instrument cluster and seat belts complimented with the carbon seems to add a bit of fun. Like what they have done in the 918.

Each to their own I suppose.

Cool very TRON !! :thumb:

I'd just like a splash of colour, might go red seat belts.

NickHappy said:
Thanks for all the info Gents, really useful. I've had some good PMs but nothing firm yet. The Dove House car at £56,800 is a close call - just a tad above my budget and ideally I'm looking @45k mls.
As you all know it's a big purchase and I want it to be right (don't we all!!) so I'll be patient for a little while longer

Depends on how long you are prepared to wait I found. I spent 9 months waiting/looking and watching cars being snapped up within days of being advertised. All the time the prices went up & up before I finally decided enough was enough and snapped mine up within hours of it being advertised. It wasnt the exact spec I wanted, and had higher miles than I wanted, but had I not bought it I would probably have still been looking now. As it turned out ive had 18 months & 20k miles of fun in mine and its probably near enough kept its value.

Update - the 996 has gone.

I'm still looking for a 997.1 turbo and as the hole in the garage keeps reminding me!!

Anybody looking to sell? Decent budget of circa £50k.

Much appreciated

NH

What's the view of Carbon Ceramic brakes? Do they add much value when reselling? Attractive to have but am I correct in thinking that the cost of disc replacement could put off some potential buyers??

When I bought my car (it was two years old at the time), PCCBs weren't on my must have lists, but the car I set my eyes upon and subsequently bought, had them. At the time (2009), they were only commanding ~£1K over the stock steels, but were a £6K option when new.

I'd definitely have them again, after 42K miles they're still like new, I changed the pads all round myself at 40K miles, they were only half worn but were told my a couple of respected motorsport people that this was the right thing to do.

Great stopping power and pretty much zero brake dust is a welcome bonus.

Martian said:
When I bought my car (it was two years old at the time), PCCBs weren't on my must have lists, but the car I set my eyes upon and subsequently bought, had them. At the time (2009), they were only commanding ~£1K over the stock steels, but were a £6K option when new.

I'd definitely have them again, after 42K miles they're still like new, I changed the pads all round myself at 40K miles, they were only half worn but were told my a couple of respected motorsport people that this was the right thing to do.

Great stopping power and pretty much zero brake dust is a welcome bonus.

I wish i'd specced them when ordering mine - was told the opposite to your experience ie track use ruins them - would have saved me at VMAX :x

Sadly Nick I fear your 'healthy budget' c. Sept 2017 is not as big as it needs to be now. Asking prices across the board have gone up significantly in the last couple of months.

There are a couple of sub-60k mile cars around but even as private sales they're nearer to £55k than £50k. RSJ and Cridfords both have nice cars that you might get for £55k.

Happy Hunting

Indeed, another two have sold off AT in the past couple of days. There are currently only 12 available manual coupes, despite a new private car being added at £52.7k on 60k Miles.

As a comparison there are 26 manual coupe 996tt

There's not much out there to choose from at the moment, which isn't going to lower the prices

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back