Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sprint Boosters any good?

well it was only fitted today as Eporsche wanted to have a look at it and it made a amazing difference on a tip.

it responds quicker gives you more confidence pulling out etc

scary how well it works!

EPorsche thought the same

robbiej said:
well it was only fitted today as Eporsche wanted to have a look at it and it made a amazing difference on a tip.

scary how well it works!

Good call buying it Rob,I thought you would like it . 99% of guys who buy them notice a difference especially on a tip. I have found most that say they are no good just have assumed that its smoke and mirrors and haven't actually tried them. As I said before I thought mine on my old Tip was great. It is like having a sport button it doesnt give it any more BHP but it makes what you have much more fun. :thumb: :thumb: funny how many say " having sport chrono is a must" but on UK roads turn off the pasm and then poo poo the sprint booster which only does the same thing basically . :grin: :thumb:

Waste of time, you will go against the same car on the road and see no difference mate. Save your money and have it tuned properly

I had a accessport on my GTR and it wasn't to good. The ECUtech map is miles better

this thing is about signals on throttle which it does well different to engine mods to change power etc.

have you tried one RIGGERZ to comment?

Phil 997 said:
robbiej said:

scary how well it works!

Good call buying it Rob,I thought you would like it . 99% of guys who buy them notice a difference especially on a tip. I have found most that say they are no good just have assumed that its smoke and mirrors and haven't actually tried them. As I said before I thought mine on my old Tip was great. It is like having a sport button it doesnt give it any more BHP but it makes what you have much more fun. :thumb: :thumb: funny how many say " having sport chrono is a must" but on UK roads turn off the pasm and then poo poo the sprint booster which only does the same thing basically . :grin: :thumb:

I'm a bit confused...

I have a 997 Turbo Tip with the Sport button and PASM. are you saying that a Sprint Booster will only do what pressing the sport button does?

I was liking the sound of them until I read this .....

hedgehogsdad said:
Phil 997 said:
robbiej said:

scary how well it works!

I'm a bit confused...

I have a 997 Turbo Tip with the Sport button and PASM. are you saying that a Sprint Booster will only do what pressing the sport button does?

I was liking the sound of them until I read this .....

The latest ones have multiple settings so combined with the sport button would be quite impressive on one of the fastest settings . what it does to a non sport chrono car is give it a sport button effect . on a car with sport button it will sharpen the sport up if on one of the more aggressive settings.

The point I was trying to get across is that it can create an aggressive driving car without having to exhaust yourself and drive it aggressively and heavy footed constantly. they work with the same principle as the sport button which is not to add BHP but to take the delay out of the drive by wire throttle response :thumb:

If you are going to have your car tuned, then get the throttle mapping sorted with the rest of the calibration. The add on boxes just magnify everything by a certain percentage. Proper pedal mapping alters the response at different speeds so that it can be nice and lively when needed and not turn into a lurchy jumpy mess off idle.

M

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back