Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 GT3 essentials

9005rm said:
On the subject of seats, is there much of a difference between the folding buckets and the fixed GT buckets? I read somewhere that the latter are narrower, and whether that is a good thing or not I guess depends on your size.

The fixed ones are actually quite a bit narrower. Not simply across the hips either but also across the shoulders, so quite a few people don't get on with them too well. If you have a small frame then you will be okay but if not then you should try a set for size as they could well be an exclusion criteria. The folding ones, however, are much closer in fit to the 996 buckets and are a comfortable fit for most people - ever the fairly powerfully built.

9005rm said:
Not too sure about the colour though.

Atlas is a great colour in the metal. Best known around here as the colour of a certain 996 Clubsport bearing the legendary plate NXI20 :thumb:

Diggermeister said:
... I'm pretty sure the 997.2 folding buckets are exactly the same as those used in the 991 GT3 (and RS) and are very comfortable.

The 991 folding buckets look the same and fit the same as the 997.2 ones (so from a comfort perspective I agree), however they do have different part numbers and the 991 version is for reasons unknown cheaper. The only material difference that I am aware of is that the 991 version could be optioned with seat heating and the 997 could not. I couldn't tell you if the differences would prevent you from using the 991 in a 997 or vice versa though.

Disco said:
9005rm said:
Not too sure about the colour though.

Atlas is a great colour in the metal. Best known around here as the colour of a certain 996 Clubsport bearing the legendary plate NXI20 :thumb:

:floor:

Atlas is one of those colours that is properly "stealth". I fly under the radar very well in mine. Looks great in the sun & pretty dull at all other times.

As I also own a 997.2 Clubsport with the super-rare Carrera GT carbon shell fixed buckets (reputedly the lightest seats Porsche ever fitted to a production road car), I can confirm that they are less accommodating of the larger gentlemen and are pretty tight in the shoulder department. I fit just fine (& they are really great seats if you) do but I suspect that anyone even slightly larger would struggle to get comfortable.

I don't have lift & like Disco, have never felt disadvantaged. Once you learn the techniques to get around the limitations, it's really never an issue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back