Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Sourcing probs!

Looks lovely. Congratulations!!

That dealer is good, I've not bought from them but as a long term and current Lotus owner I know they have a great reputation.

So we've both (hopefully) bought 2002 C4's within a month of each other.. one private one dealer!!

Yours does look very very smart, fair asking price given the dealer warranty etc. Not surprised that didn't hang around for long.

Has it had the IMS, RMS and Clutch done recently? Hopefully it has, sure the PPI will confirm.. it's a costly amount of work, factor that into the final verdict.

Good luck.

Brij

BK911 said:

That dealer is good, I've not bought from them but as a long term and current Lotus owner I know they have a great reputation.

So we've both (hopefully) bought 2002 C4's within a month of each other.. one private one dealer!!

Yours does look very very smart, fair asking price given the dealer warranty etc. Not surprised that didn't hang around for long.

Has it had the IMS, RMS and Clutch done recently? Hopefully it has, sure the PPI will confirm.. it's a costly amount of work, factor that into the final verdict.

Good luck.

Brij

Thanks, I'm genuinely over the moon. I would've preferred a newer car (maybe later 2004) but this would likely have carried another 2-3 grand asking price, so really happy with the deal. Its go a great spec too with litronics, PSE etc. and I love the Polar silver....not too many about in this colour, and once I give it my detailing treatment I'm sure it will shine!

It has a receipt for new clutch and RMS 10k ago...no mention of IMS but will most likely get this done inside the 6 month warranty period. :thumb:

Best of luck with it.

I bought mine in June this year from a guy in Sevenoaks. It was advertised on here. 125k miles with a gap in the owner and service history from 2008-2010. The engine was rebuilt in 2015 by the guy I bought it from so the gap didn't bother me too much. Clutch and brakes were done in 2014. I was satisfied that the risks in buying were mitigated.

Imagine my surprise when I took off the front bumper to have a general clan and found the condensers and rads has an manufacture date of 2009! When I detailed the wheel wells I discovered relatively fresh looking bilstein B6s (I had noticed they were yellow when buying). When I removed the rear bumper to have a prod, clean it and change the clamps, I discovered Fabspeed mufflers! the wheels are the hollow Turbo wheels. The car has only done about 30,000 miles in the past 7 years and as there are no receipts in the paperwork for all of the other 7 owners, I reckon the guy who owned it between 2008-2010 spent a lot of money on it. For once, the story got better the deeper I dug. Normally it is the opposite way!

hope the deal works out.

if it has a sunroof, check if the one touch opens and if it is laboured when closing. tilt and full open and full close should be one touch. Google it. Motors are expensive.

BChivs said:
BK911 said:

Good luck.

Brij

Thanks, I'm genuinely over the moon. I would've preferred a newer car (maybe later 2004) but this would likely have carried another 2-3 grand asking price, so really happy with the deal. Its go a great spec too with litronics, PSE etc. and I love the Polar silver....not too many about in this colour, and once I give it my detailing treatment I'm sure it will shine!

It has a receipt for new clutch and RMS 10k ago...no mention of IMS but will most likely get this done inside the 6 month warranty period. :thumb:

That's a really great deal then. You made the right decision on disregarding age, it's all about condition, history and mileage. Actually looks quite contemporary compared to mine in black with the tan that looks a bit more vintage!

Look fwd to hearing about your purchase. I've already done 500 miles in mine, it's superb. I absolutely love it, utter bargains for the £25k mark..

BChivs said:
BK911 said:

Has it had the IMS, RMS and Clutch done recently? Hopefully it has, sure the PPI will confirm.. it's a costly amount of work, factor that into the final verd

Good luck.

Brij

Good To hear you have found a good car , now its time to enjoy driving it. :thumb:

Thanks all. Fingers crossed all is ok with the inspection I suppose otherwise its back to the drawing board!! :-| There's a couple of bits i'd like to do....Some might shoot me down but id like to get wheel spacers, and a subtle suspension upgrade so it sits nicely and the OEM quad exhaust tips. :thumb:

BChivs said:
Thanks all. Fingers crossed all is ok with the inspection I suppose otherwise its back to the drawing board!! :-| There's a couple of bits i'd like to do....Some might shoot me down but id like to get wheel spacers, and a subtle suspension upgrade so it sits nicely and the OEM quad exhaust tips. :thumb:

All three are good easy mods and improve the look a lot. :thumb:

So after a long 5 hour drive from Norfolk back to Bath I am now the proud owner of a C4S😊 Love it already! Quite a steady run back other than in the M25 tunnels! Windows open, PSE valves open, drop back to about 30, drop it a couple cogs and gun it! That noise!!😮👌🏻👌🏻

BChivs said:
So after a long 5 hour drive from Norfolk back to Bath I am now the proud owner of a C4S😊 Love it already! Quite a steady run back other than in the M25 tunnels! Windows open, PSE valves open, drop back to about 30, drop it a couple cogs and gun it! That noise!!😮👌🏻👌🏻

Congrats on the car.. Any plans for it? I've already spent £3.5k on refresh / upgrades in my head :thumbs:

The PSE sound is truly glorious!!! If it goes quiet between 20 and around 40mph you need to snip a resister in the relay, the valve stays open all through the rev range then.

BK911 said:
BChivs said:

Congrats on the car.. Any plans for it? I've already spent £3.5k on refresh / upgrades in my head :thumbs:

Already made a shopping list!😉 Booked into Porsche Centre Bristol for a service once I'm back from hols, and then I plan a leather refurb. I'd like to source some 20mm RUF springs and spacers.

BChivs said:
BK911 said:
BChivs said:

Already made a shopping list!😉 Booked into Porsche Centre Bristol for a service once I'm back from hols, and then I plan a leather refurb. I'd like to source some 20mm RUF springs and spacers.

Fantastic.

Mines at Parr now having a brand new MO30 fitted. Should drop it by 10-15mm.

Leather is being done on the 10th Oct... The guy (Paul) who did my old 911 eight years ago is doing this car too. Can't wait for that refresh.

BK911 said:
Mines at Parr now having a brand new MO30 fitted. Should drop it by 10-15mm.

Just to prepare you but I doubt that your car will sit any lower, the 10mm drop that M030 supposedly gives will be similar to how much your standard suspension has sagged over the years. Well that was the case with mine and several other folk, it is still a great package and will make your car feel noticeably better than the tired original suspension, it's firmer but not OTT and the ride height means that you don't annoyingly ground out during daily use.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back