Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 997.1 turbo manual - healthy budget for right car

rabbitstew said:
Dovehouse have just got a black one back in stock. They sold it earlier in the year so it looks like that buyer only had it for the summer months. Its a very early 2006 one, but a good spec.

Cheers for that - I've spotted that one and is a contender. :thumb:

The Irony is the lower the mileage, the more problematic it is likely to be!

My local OPC sold a Cobalt Blue manual last week and I believe it was close to £67k. Was a really nice car but that's not far off Gen 2 money.

No telling what else it's lost.....

Sorry OP but around the lines but did anyone else see the private 1.5 turbo cab for sale in green on autotrader a few months back, it had pccb's if that jogs anyone's memories? I'd really like to hear some thoughts on what its value is, as a coupe it could of been up there as colour and spec were rare but as a cab with 50k I couldn't put my finger on it.

I would be taking a close look at the Dovehouse car. Nice spec, service history and dealer gets good rep. Looks decent value too.

Mezgerite said:

That old chestnut again. Normally spouted by the sellers of high mileage cars!

:yawn:

I've never had any 'standing' issues with any of my 'low miles' cars over the last 30 years or so.

Martian said:
Mezgerite said:

That old chestnut again. Normally spouted by the sellers of high mileage cars!

:yawn:

I've never had any 'standing' issues with any of my 'low miles' cars over the last 30 years or so.

You should read Mezgerite's posts. Seems to know what he's on about.

NickHappy said:
Evening All,

I'm still on the look out for a 997.1 T.

Now the summer is coming to a close is anyone considering selling, I really would prefer to make a private purchase so please feel free to send a PM.

Much appreciated

NH

Not a PVT sale but how about this one?
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709119187585

Did you ever say what your max budget was?

NickHappy said:
rabbitstew said:
Dovehouse have just got a black one back in stock. They sold it earlier in the year so it looks like that buyer only had it for the summer months. Its a very early 2006 one, but a good spec.

I saw this one advertised over the weekend and it caught my eye. Its almost identical spec & millage to mine (except mine has the PCCB's and a few other irrelevant bits) when I bought it from a local INDY 2 years ago.

I paid £10k less than this one is now advertised at Dove House! If I had parked mine in the garage I could have made a few quid. Thankfully I didn't, I've changed the suspension and the exhaust along with a few other bits and spend a fantastic 18k miles behind the wheel on high days and holidays. If I'm lucky its still worth what I paid for it as it stands, which I think is a real result.

I can vouch for Dove House, they have maintained my car for the last 12 months and they are honest, knowledgeable and efficient. They have earned their accolades. If I was you, I would get over to Dove House ASAP and get a deposit on that car before its sold.

For clarity, I have absolutely no affiliation with Dove House.

RJW1881 said:
NickHappy said:
rabbitstew said:

I saw this one advertised over the weekend and it caught my eye. Its almost identical spec & millage to mine (except mine has the PCCB's and a few other irrelevant bits) when I bought it from a local INDY 2 years ago.

I paid £10k less than this one is now advertised at Dove House! If I had parked mine in the garage I could have made a few quid. Thankfully I didn't, I've changed the suspension and the exhaust along with a few other bits and spend a fantastic 18k miles behind the wheel on high days and holidays. If I'm lucky its still worth what I paid for it as it stands, which I think is a real result.

I can vouch for Dove House, they have maintained my car for the last 12 months and they are honest, knowledgeable and efficient. They have earned their accolades. If I was you, I would get over to Dove House ASAP and get a deposit on that car before its sold.

For clarity, I have absolutely no affiliation with Dove House.

Agree, I think the Dove house car is fairly priced, I don't like the carbon but it can be changed easy but I do love the red stitching!!! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back