Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C-Tek

I also use on C-Tec on my cars and two of them have a traffic light connector. You can buy them with a 6mm or 8mm size of eyelet so suit your battery.

From what I understand is that the red indicator is telling you the battery needs to be charged not that it is flat, also the battery indicator will go to amber usually is a day or so as their is a constant drain on the battery to maintain the alarm and the various management units, it would lose charge even if it was disconnected.

It is only an indicator, if you want to know the exact state of a battery a volt meter is more accurate.

Mike

taffybloke said:
From what I understand is that the red indicator is telling you the battery needs to be charged not that it is flat ..

Ahhh ... that's the bit I wasn't getting .. thanks Mike :thumb:

Re: Charger

Les Richards said:
Also got the Lidl version as back-up and made some leads so that I can plug that to the 'battery leads' in case the Optimate fails.

I can vouch for the Lidl product, had a one connected to one of my classics for years now. You can select the type of charge necessary, 6v or 12v, top-up charge or conditioner charge. The read out shows the exact voltage in the battery at the time and stage of charge, so no need for a voltmeter.
I also have had a C-tek for nearly 11 years, then it came with the hard wiring connections, still works but the warning lights are now so dim they can hardly be seen.

Allan E said:
Les Richards said:
Also got the Lidl version as back-up and made some leads so that I can plug that to the 'battery leads' in case the Optimate fails.

I can vouch for the Lidl product, had a one connected to one of my classics for years now. You can select the type of charge necessary, 6v or 12v, top-up charge or conditioner charge. The read out shows the exact voltage in the battery at the time and stage of charge, so no need for a voltmeter.
I also have had a C-tek for nearly 11 years, then it came with the hard wiring connections, still works but the warning lights are now so dim they can hardly be seen.

Now you have got me thinking .. not Lidl - but the Aldi version, digital voltage read-out with three year warranty and at around a third of the price of an equivalent Ctek. Considering getting one of these as an emergency spare ready for the winter :?:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/autoxs-car-battery-charger/p/095402169939100

[/quote]Now you have got me thinking .. not Lidl - but the Aldi version, digital voltage read-out with three year warranty and at around a third of the price of an equivalent Ctek. Considering getting one of these as an emergency spare ready for the winter :?:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/autoxs-car-battery-charger/p/095402169939100[/quote]

I have one of those also, probably updated since I bought mine, I hard wired the connections to the battery and obtained a push-in connector from Maplins £3 or so and connected that to the conditioner. Never quite trust the crocodile clips. (I have a tragic story about such) Easily disconnected whenever, worked perfectly for more than 5 years. it was fitted to my 1966 Mercedes saloon which I sold earlier this year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back