Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Soon be that time of year.

cliffbase said:
Kind of linked to this thread, and inspired by Phil to get some protection on, yesterday I gave my car an autoglym snow foam bath followed by auto glym 2 bucket wash, then dried with Gtechniq towels.
Wheels cleaned with Bilberry cleaner.

Finally then I was able to apply the poorboys black hole glaze, followed by poorboys polish & sealant.

Wow! My car is basalt and historically I have used the autoglym, resin polish followed by extras gloss protection, but the finish I have from poor boys is superb, and (I know this sounds sad) it feels fantastic!

Sorry only a crap pic but the heavens then opened - sadly before I could apply Phil's rubber lubricant, polish the glass or treat the plasitcs.

LOL - does look great but wow man that's a LOT of cleaning !!! Christ how'd you find the time - or the inclination???? I'm usually bored after a wash and a shammy dry ?! Am I just lazy ????? :sad: can't someone just do it for you ??? I bought the Poorboys glaze but now you're telling me I need to put on Polish and Sealant afterwards ????????? WTF

Hehe its true it does take some. To be honest, I'm a bit ***** & wont let anyone else clean my car. I have 2 very small stone chips on it & by cleaning it so regularly I keep a very careful eye on any marks.

I get almost as much pleasure looking at it when clean as I do driving it. Being honest, it gets cleaned after every use!

I did a bit of research and seems best to seal the finish post black hole. Its very easy stuff to use, the black hole is really easy to buff off, the sealant a bit harder but still not hard.

:thumb:

cliffbase said:
Hehe its true it does take some. To be honest, I'm a bit ***** & wont let anyone else clean my car. I have 2 very small stone chips on it & by cleaning it so regularly I keep a very careful eye on any marks.

I get almost as much pleasure looking at it when clean as I do driving it. Being honest, it gets cleaned after every use!

I did a bit of research and seems best to seal the finish post black hole. Its very easy stuff to use, the black hole is really easy to buff off, the sealant a bit harder but still not hard.

:thumb:

That's a lovely deep wet look shine you have got on it now , well worth the effort , I do get someone to do mine but I stand close with coffee watching and directing but in all honesty they are a pro detailer so know their stuff.

911DG said:
Phil 997 said:
7and911 said:
Sorry for the silly question but do you just apply the acf50 as far as your arm reach under the car or you jack the car to apply it? And what are the "important" areas that you don't want to miss?

ideally remove the undercovers and spray all the pipes , joints pretty much everything avoiding the brakes and any belts etc. then put the covers back on . :thumb: :thumb:

As usual Phil some great stuff here. So from reading that I'd need to pop
It in to my Indy and they'd remove the bottom panels and do the spraying - I'm guessing an hours work or so ? Sounds well worth it - wonder why they don't do it as standard as part of a service ??

Dan

Dan, absolutely let the indy do it while you enjoy a coffee :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back