Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone wrapped their 911?

coullstar

Just wondering if anyone has wrapped there car?

Im looking at a car that is a really nice spec and mechanically very good however I believe might need a little paint. Im not 100% sure on the colour in the first place and its apparently very hard to colour match so was thinking wrap it in a colour I know I like.

Just trying to weigh up options really so wondering if anyone has any experience in this matter.

My car was wrapped in orange before I bought it.nThe invoice and paperwork is included in the bundle of paperwork I have. The supplying dealer said t was hard work removing the wrap and detritus it left,but the car was free of stonechips. Looking at the receipt it was £1820 + vat on a Gen 2 997

My car was wrapped in orange before I bought it.nThe invoice and paperwork is included in the bundle of paperwork I have. The supplying dealer said t was hard work removing the wrap and detritus it left,but the car was free of stonechips. Looking at the receipt it was £1820 + vat on a Gen 2 997

I,ve seen several ..

Cayenne in a matt black which looked like a chalk board .

Panamera in various colours .. good job but it looked awfull .

997 turbo which was black but wrapped in white .. nice job but door shuts etc are still black .

A few others but the above ones stick out in my mind .

Kimbos got some pictures of his .. well not a wrap but similar sort of thing in the cayman/boxster section .. that does look good .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=122725

Over all i think they look pretty good .. but they are a bitch to remove .

coullstar said:
Just wondering if anyone has wrapped there car?

Im looking at a car that is a really nice spec and mechanically very good however I believe might need a little paint. Im not 100% sure on the colour in the first place and its apparently very hard to colour match so was thinking wrap it in a colour I know I like.

Just trying to weigh up options really so wondering if anyone has any experience in this matter.

I personally thinks its a waste of money and for what it costs can go a long way toward paint repairs.

I do not like wraps - it's a lot of money for something that adds no value, or as I suspect, actually reduces the value/salebility of a car as it makes it impossible to see the condition of the paintwork underneath.

I admire these Martini wraps, but think they look totally naff.

At the end of the day, it is a (very) personal choice.

Wow I'd not seen kimbo's cayman thanks for the links gents :thumb:
It's quite apt really.. because while my C4s has been err... mechanically fettled... I've been uming and ahhing about some martini stripes :?: But I've always got it in the back of mind about vinyl damaging the paint if I want to remove them...

The liquid stuff appears less harsh on the face of it... but if you can't wash it.. I'm not sure how long it could feasibly last :dont know:

Op.. my only personal experience of vinyl wraps has been on motorcycles and the glue used on the vinyl used to eat the paint... but that was 20yrs ago :lol:

Car wise... the one's I've seen done look quite good but as soon as you opened the door or bonnet it spoiled the overall effect. .imho

If it were me I'd get the paint sorted. I've never seen a wrap look as good as paint.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back