Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Airbag light on

I learn something new everyday on here :worship: thanks Iain

Demort said:
Aghh ok .. youll still need the fault code clearing after you fix it though .

Once an airbag code has been generated then it wont clear untill done so by a tester .

I had a similar issue when replacing my steering wheel despite having disconnected the battery. I had the key in the ignition when reconnecting the battery and suspect this was the cause of the airbag light. In any event I can confirm that as well as the Durametric and PIWIS the ICarsoft i960 resets the airbag light on a 997.2 and according to the manufacturer other Porsches although this is speculation on some fora that it does NOT work on a 996 and 986...but can't verify this.

systech1 said:
Demort said:
Aghh ok .. youll still need the fault code clearing after you fix it though .

Once an airbag code has been generated then it wont clear untill done so by a tester .

I had a similar issue when replacing my steering wheel despite having disconnected the battery. I had the key in the ignition when reconnecting the battery and suspect this was the cause of the airbag light. In any event I can confirm that as well as the Durametric and PIWIS the ICarsoft i960 resets the airbag light on a 997.2 and according to the manufacturer other Porsches although this is speculation on some fora that it does NOT work on a 996 and 986...but can't verify this.

Thanks for this. I just ordered the ICarsoft i960 as I guess it may be useful to have in the tool kit as I'll be keeping the car for a while.

Good news, the light is now off.

I bought the i960 and tried to clear the code first but it wouldn't go off. I then removed the airbag again and was able to replace my missing orange clip on the new wheel by extracting the top part of the connector from the original wheel. It's obvious what too do when you look at it.

Once put back together the code cleared straight away. Happy days. Thanks all. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back