Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to say hi!

Gixxer996

Hi all!
Ive been on the forum a while but not really posted – I know it's rude so thought I'd better say hi!
First of all I am an automotive engineer by trade and work for one of the large OEM's, I have had many jobs within the industry from dyno testing to supplier selection. I currently work in engine remanufacturing and produce specifications and design improvements for many legacy engines. Needless to say I am a qualified mechanic and spend many hours at home underneath my own cars.
So – to my current car. I bought it nearly 3 years ago as a 30th birthday present to myself!! It was a bit ratty but decent spec! It's a 98 carerra 2 manual with M030 suspension/ LSD/ aerokit/ Sunroof/ SatNav/ Sports seats/ cable throttle/ telephone!! and clear light conversion. Not a bad spec and generally in very good mechanical condition. Best of all (to me) it has a post 2005 built replacement engine from Porsche with the 997 style larger (non serviceable) IMS bearing.
After a minor service the cars first task was to take the wife and I on a road trip to the Monaco F1 (she bought the trip as my birthday present) – during which it performed perfectly!
The car is not a daily driver due to motorbikes and work cars but I've put about 10K miles on it so far. To date I've replaced water pump /thermostat/ Coil packs/ plugs/ Discs &pads/ calliper rebuild/ RMS/ AOS/ Clutch / Slave cylinder/ Transmission mount and fitted second hand exhaust boxes with PSE style mod. Mechanically it's getting there.
Cosmetically it still needs a bit of work. As you can see it's got c4s wheels which I eventually plan to swap for the correct ones (either Sports design/ Sports classic or turbo look). I also plan at some point to complete a full respray as the paint looks a little tired. All of which will happen when £££ allow!
Anyway that's it – hopefully it will look as nice as some of the others on this forum before too long!
I will try and be a bit more active from now! Hopefully my pictures load & ill take some decent more recent ones.

Attachments

• img_3369_419.jpg
    img_3369_419.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3,143
  • img_4495_473.jpg
    img_4495_473.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3,143
  • img_3301_435.jpg
    img_3301_435.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 3,143
Welcome cars looks nice and a good list of things you have sorted on it. hope to hear more from you in the next 12 months than the previous 12 months :floor: :thumb: :thumb:

Lovely car, lovely bike m8 :thumb:

Osh

:welcome:

More car, and bike, :camera: please :food:

:thumb:

Welcome along Gixxer!

Well done on finding a C2 in the best spec. :thumb:
Car looks great as does your GSXR.
Trip to Monaco for your birthday! She's a keeper. :thumbs:

Your pictures stirred up some memories for me -

My old 20th anniversary edition -

I done Reims with my lass (now wife) too. -

Anyway it looks like your bringing your 996 back up to rude health. Goodstuff!
As Phil says, hope to see you on here a bit. :thumb:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Marky911 - love the anniversary colours! Looks a nice bike. I've got 2 others which I'll show when I do some proper photos they are a bit more special than the gsxr, but I love the old girl and it's my everyday transport.

I realise my previous pics were a bit rubbish (all I had on my phone at the time), so I took a couple tonight after work before it got too dark! Sadly no sunshine in Essex this evening, but at least no rain!

It appears there are a few bike and porsche owners on here! I'll defo be on a lot more from now :thumbs:

Attachments

• fullsizerender_215.jpg
    fullsizerender_215.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 2,996
  • fullsizerender_590.jpg
    fullsizerender_590.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 2,996
  • fullsizerender_138.jpg
    fullsizerender_138.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 2,996
  • fullsizerender_378.jpg
    fullsizerender_378.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 2,996
  • fullsizerender_148.jpg
    fullsizerender_148.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 2,996
Welcome to the forum buddy :thumb:

Welcome to the forum, I was a lurker for a couple of years before joining too.

It's a good community, worth checking the meets and events section, and your local club meets (TIPEC/PCGB) to put faces to forum names.

Silver with clear light does always look good!

:thumb:

James

:welcome:
from another silver 996 and bike owner.

Welcome, car looks nice , keep the planned updates coming :thumbs:

welcome to the forum,
great to have an engineer on board to answer all the technical queries :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back