Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Soon be that time of year.

Phil 997 said:
Well it wont be long before the frosts are here so time to stock up on a few winter bits for those of us that use our cars through the winter months .or any new 911 owners .

1 On the list is Gummi Pflege , as quick run round your door rubbers with this will stop them sticking to the glass in the frost making it difficult to open the doors

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextzett-...414647&hash=item25d6bf711e:g:ar4AAOSw32lYwD4A

2 ACF50 this is applied to the underside of the car to protect it, its the 2017 version of wax oil and far less messy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACF-50-Mo...bricant-964ml-32oz-spray-bottle-/332120915817
epid=596160496&hash=item4d53f2ff69:g:fxwAAOSwdGFYrS07

3 new set of wipers my personal preference is PIAA SUPER SPORZA SILCONE WIPERS I like them as they have a small wing on to help push against the glass I go for a 20" and a 21" and some gentle bending to keep the offside one off the scuttle and touching the glass as the end.

http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp

4 worth getting your battery tested to ensure its holding a good charge.

5 check plenty of tread on the all year tyres or change to winters .

I am sure other will have some other ideas but those are my must do's before the cold dark nights set in . and Sept ,Oct is the best time to prep the car for winter. :thumb:

Thanks for the info Phil. Have been thinking about this since the weather has turned to *****.

jotaking said:
Is this smoke and mirrors??

Looks like there's an even better contender then! I still think waxoil has a place because it's thick and provides a physical barrier as well as a chemical one.. the one in that video looks very good though and is no doubt less messy!

Cheers Phil just ordered. I've been meaning to ask you about the door seal stuff for ages now :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Well it wont be long before the frosts are here so time to stock up on a few winter bits for those of us that use our cars through the winter months .or any new 911 owners .

1 On the list is Gummi Pflege , as quick run round your door rubbers with this will stop them sticking to the glass in the frost making it difficult to open the doors

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextzett-...414647&hash=item25d6bf711e:g:ar4AAOSw32lYwD4A

2 ACF50 this is applied to the underside of the car to protect it, its the 2017 version of wax oil and far less messy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACF-50-Mo...bricant-964ml-32oz-spray-bottle-/332120915817
epid=596160496&hash=item4d53f2ff69:g:fxwAAOSwdGFYrS07

3 new set of wipers my personal preference is PIAA SUPER SPORZA SILCONE WIPERS I like them as they have a small wing on to help push against the glass I go for a 20" and a 21" and some gentle bending to keep the offside one off the scuttle and touching the glass as the end.

http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp

4 worth getting your battery tested to ensure its holding a good charge.

5 check plenty of tread on the all year tyres or change to winters .

I am sure other will have some other ideas but those are my must do's before the cold dark nights set in . and Sept ,Oct is the best time to prep the car for winter. :thumb:

This is a public service broadcast by the Dorset Porsche and Carrot appreciation Society.

ACF50, any instruction on how to apply is it just on nutts and bolts or on everything metal/alloy other than brakes/wheels.

CarreraMonkey said:
This is a public service broadcast by the Dorset Porsche and Carrot appreciation Society.

:floor: :floor: DPACAS just doesnt roll off like PCGB does Monkey mate sounds more like a dental plan :grin: :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
ACF50, any instruction on how to apply is it just on nutts and bolts or on everything metal/alloy other than brakes/wheels.

Yes Mate just stay clear of the hot bits like discs etc other than that spray away.

I use this stuff on my bike. Great stuff.

Can't be ar$d to do the car :lol:

Alfaian said:

Ian, get a man who can to do it for you. :thumb: :grin:

Alfaian said:
Phil 997 said:
Alfaian said:

Ian, get a man who can to do it for you. :thumb: :grin:

Ooheer Mrs :grin:

Nooooooo....... To put the ACF on nothing else or we will get into a blue oyster club discussion :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Sorry for the silly question but do you just apply the acf50 as far as your arm reach under the car or you jack the car to apply it? And what are the "important" areas that you don't want to miss?

7and911 said:
Sorry for the silly question but do you just apply the acf50 as far as your arm reach under the car or you jack the car to apply it? And what are the "important" areas that you don't want to miss?

ideally remove the undercovers and spray all the pipes , joints pretty much everything avoiding the brakes and any belts etc. then put the covers back on . :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
7and911 said:

ideally remove the undercovers and spray all the pipes , joints pretty much everything avoiding the brakes and any belts etc. then put the covers back on . :thumb: :thumb:

As usual Phil some great stuff here. So from reading that I'd need to pop
It in to my Indy and they'd remove the bottom panels and do the spraying - I'm guessing an hours work or so ? Sounds well worth it - wonder why they don't do it as standard as part of a service ??

Dan

Kind of linked to this thread, and inspired by Phil to get some protection on, yesterday I gave my car an autoglym snow foam bath followed by auto glym 2 bucket wash, then dried with Gtechniq towels.
Wheels cleaned with Bilberry cleaner.

Finally then I was able to apply the poorboys black hole glaze, followed by poorboys polish & sealant.

Wow! My car is basalt and historically I have used the autoglym, resin polish followed by extras gloss protection, but the finish I have from poor boys is superb, and (I know this sounds sad) it feels fantastic!

Sorry only a crap pic but the heavens then opened - sadly before I could apply Phil's rubber lubricant, polish the glass or treat the plasitcs.

Attachments

• 20170909_141729_2_174.jpg
    20170909_141729_2_174.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,058

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back