Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997.1 Progress so far

AslanC2S

Thought it might be helpful to others to put it down how 997.1 ownership and modification is going for me so far.

Bought a 2005 C2S a few months ago with 38k on the clock. A very good example, immaculate inside and out from a private sale.

I only had a couple of weeks with it before I went away for work so all I did was drive and enjoy. I've had a few quick cars in the past, a couple of twin turbo Supra's and a TVR T350t but was very pleasantly surprised how fantastic the 911 was. Such a capable car all round.

So following my return I have set about a few mods that other new owners might be thinking of.

1. Upgrading the key. I just had to look at both the original keys and they would split apart. I bought the 20 quid key fobs off ebay and set about hacking the old key apart to get the transponder out. I must say a bit nervous but all worked out ok in the end. The transponders are quite tough and both keys worked out spot on.

Attachments

• key_161.jpg
    key_161.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 6,164
AslanC2S said:
I only had a couple of weeks with it before I went away for work so all I did was drive and enjoy. I've had a few quick cars in the past, a couple of twin turbo Supra's and a TVR T350t but was very pleasantly surprised how fantastic the 911 was. Such a capable car all round.

enjoy the journey :thumb:

2. The Gundo.... Well I had a look under the car and discovered that most of the fastenings where completely f&%ked. At this point I thought it was better to get someone with a ramp to extract the mufflers. It was coming up for a minor service so thought I would combine the 2 jobs.
Booked it in to Auto Strasse for the service and for them to remove the mufflers. Once removed I had the hack done by a local fabricators and the put back on.
A new tandem pump was required but all up for a smidge over 1K it was all good.

Now I can't recommend a Gundo strongly enough. Just fantastic. Love the sound. FYI I went for a 1.5" pipe.

Attachments

• gundo_673.jpg
    gundo_673.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 6,160
3. Short shift kit.

I bought the budget version of ebay for just over £30 delivered. Thought is was worth a punt. To be honest it's not the most precision engineered bit of kit but once re-shimmed and washered it's fine. take all the play out before it's fitted and all good. Really pleased with the result. Nice precise change and all the slop has been removed.

4. Trazitblu HF. Bluetooth box for the original stereo. Bought again of ebay for about £95. To be honest I wasn't expecting great results but am very happily surprised. Removed the PCM, cut into the supply and routed the mic up to the cabin light housing blanks in the head lining. Must say for the money I cant fault it. Very good sound quality, calls are very good, no issue with the sound quality on the other end even when calling car to car. Cant recommend it strongly enough if you want to retain original PCM but add Bluetooth.

5. Lowered. Picked up the car today from AMD Tuning in Grays after fitting of the Eibach Pro lowering springs. I wanted to drop it slightly but was worried how it would effect the ride. After ALOT of research and post reading I decided on the Eibachs. AMD came in with a good price including the alignment so I went with it.
I know Techarts are supposedly the least drop and I have also read that the eibachs are the same sprigs at less cost. I didn't want any compromise in the ride quality (or as little as possible) so cost for cost I thought I would give the Eibach's a go.

Glad I did. So on my C2S it has dropped the back 15mm an the front 11mm. They will probably settle another couple of mm but I'm happy with that.

For all the mass of contraviening things I have read online I can categorically state that the ride is no different, and possibly better. PASM still makes the ride too stiff for normal road use.

Very pleased once again. Big thumbs up.

EDIT. Picture below, the car is also fitted with spacers. Fitted 12mm rear and 9mm front (thanks Phil 997). forgot to mention that earlier.

Attachments

• eibachs_678.jpg
    eibachs_678.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 6,144
Next up is going to be a few interior mods. Booked in to Linas for some Alcantara before Christmas.

And so it continues.

Induction on the cards also.

Aren't 911's BRILLIANT

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

whats going on here !

key_161.jpg

Rossi911 said:
whats going on here !

key_161.jpg

Basically that is the end result of having to destroy the old key fob o extract to transponder to put it in the new Gen 2 key fob.

No other way as it's glued in solid.

Rage modding??!! :pc:

Cars looking great :thumb:

I was lucky enough to buy a car thats had the key mod done this time around, I done it to my last car its a bit of a faf getting the transponder out but so worth doing

Gundo hack is certainly on my list at some point

Lambretta said:
Cars looking great :thumb:

I was lucky enough to buy a car thats had the key mod done this time around, I done it to my last car its a bit of a faf getting the transponder out but so worth doing

Gundo hack is certainly on my list at some point

Cheers.

For the cost I think the Gundo is brilliant. A nice noise when on the throttle but it won't piss off the neighbors.

AslanC2S said:
Aren't 911's BRILLIANT

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

They most certainly are!! :thumb: :D

Well done mate, car looks brilliant!! Good info on the lowering springs, will keep in mind for whenever I get around to it.

AslanC2S said:
2. The Gundo.... Well I had a look under the car and discovered that most of the fastenings where completely f&%ked. At this point I thought it was better to get someone with a ramp to extract the mufflers. It was coming up for a minor service so thought I would combine the 2 jobs.
Booked it in to Auto Strasse for the service and for them to remove the mufflers. Once removed I had the hack done by a local fabricators and the put back on.
A new tandem pump was required but all up for a smidge over 1K it was all good.

Now I can't recommend a Gundo strongly enough. Just fantastic. Love the sound. FYI I went for a 1.5" pipe.

Lovely looking car :thumb:

Been tempted with the Gundo myself but the silencer is brand new and debating whether I should be hacking away at it :dont know: Do you find any drone at motorway speed?

What future mods have you got in the pipeline?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back