Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Prices

At about £130,000 new that's a big drop in value for the mileage that it's got. Looks a really decent spec'd car and a good colour.

easternjets said:
At about £130,000 new that's a big drop in value for the mileage that it's got. Looks a really decent spec'd car and a good colour.

I think the 997 is better looking, looks like a big foot has come down on the roof and squashed that a bit.

Might be just me though :thumb:

That gives me a warm feeling! My Gen II is 2k miles less and a year older but better still it's Black so got to be worth the same!
:thumbs:

Having sold my last car 2 years ago to fund a house extension and garage, this makes grim reading for a buyer :-(
I'll be in a position to buy sometime next year but what, who knows with these crazy prices. Wanted another gen 2 997, just don't think they are worth these mad prices. I remember considering buying a white 997 GTS which Mark Pearce has up fir sale, very low miles, absolute minter, about 2 years ago for £49,995. That car now would be 75k. The 3.6's which were sitting at 35k are suddenly now 50k WTF!!!

How long before the current bargains (991 generally and particularly GTS and turbo) go the same way? For me next year it may have to be a 991. I still don't get how anyone would take a 997 over a 991 really, good job were all different. Turbo looks bargain of the century :worship:

Probably best to wait and see what Dec & Jan bring in the way of values, then we'll know for sure that prices are holding or it's just a flash in the pan.

What ever way they go, at present a nearly new current model Turbo for the price of an equivalent 997.2 seems to me to be very good value.
Personally I'm not averse to the new shape and having not driven one I can't comment on the drive but I would like to have an afternoon with one to see what it's like.

spongebob squarepants said:
Having sold my last car 2 years ago to fund a house extension and garage, this makes grim reading for a buyer :-(
I'll be in a position to buy sometime next year but what, who knows with these crazy prices. Wanted another gen 2 997, just don't think they are worth these mad prices. I remember considering buying a white 997 GTS which Mark Pearce has up fir sale, very low miles, absolute minter, about 2 years ago for £49,995. That car now would be 75k. The 3.6's which were sitting at 35k are suddenly now 50k WTF!!!

How long before the current bargains (991 generally and particularly GTS and turbo) go the same way? For me next year it may have to be a 991. I still don't get how anyone would take a 997 over a 991 really, good job were all different. Turbo looks bargain of the century :worship:

Should have sold your Utd season ticket instead.....they're about the same price :thumb: :floor:

Seriously though.......trying to predict what will happen with prices is impossible ( for me anyway).

Turbo prices tend to drop to a certain level and then pick up.
GTS prices are always high and don't really represent good value in terms of difference in the car itself (normal driving) when compared to an S, but the production numbers are less.

As the poor examples of 996 slowly disappear, I've noted an increase in their value too.

I don't know whether you have considered this but.....a Boxster/Caymen GTS may be a pretty good cheaper alternative (last of the 6 pot) and will maintain pretty good residuals. (if you don't need the rear seats for kids)

I started the thread as I am a bit in limbo what to do........a wrong decision could end up costing quite a few grand long term.

I am sure there will be someone who would say..."if you can't afford to loose the money, don't buy the car!"

Maybe some of those canny 993 owners will be considering jumping ship into a 991 Turbo and banking some cash?

I was in a similar position a month or so ago when deciding between a 991 or 997.2 turbo.
I bought the only private 997.2 and it was cheaper (not be a lot) than comparable cars at the dealers with sub 25k miles on.
At this time it was still 15-20k cheaper than a low mileage 991...

I have seen a couple of 991's really cheap but they have racked up some serious miles in 3-4 years..

I prefer 997 shape but I'm positive the 991 is a better all round car and nicer to "be in"

Hi there, I've been watching the forum from out side for a good while, & new to the forum, I bought a 997.2 Carrera 4 Manual in white, 3 years ago from local Porsche centre & have never looked back wished I done it years ago, changed from BMW M3.
I can only say that for me the 997.2 is the nicest looking variant of the modern Porsche 911`s & I have been steadily watching the prices increase since buying one.
I have no doubt that certain model's of this variant will increase over the next 3 years especially as they water down & over techno the new ones.
For me the latest 991 is slightly befuddled at the rear & interior & exterior is not as nice, I could upgrade for a used 991 . 1, but wont, the extra money not worth it.
I for one am keeping my 997.2 for a good while, I love it & like the slightly retro look of these cars wit larger bore petrol flat 6 engines.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back