Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 pse paint

RC911

Hi there does anyone know the paint colour used on the cap of the 997.2 exhaust? Have some scratches on the surface and they are irritating me

I cannot help with the colour but I faced the same issue. I decided to remove the coating altogether with a 3M scotch brite pad which took about an hour:

Before:

syko74.jpg

After:

110bp74.jpg

The above was done without removing the exhaust tips. My next job is to remove them and do a proper job.

Right thanks, there slightly scuffed on the actual silver cap but should be the same principle! Thanks for the reply

isysman said:
It's satin black.

The pipes themselves are satin black, but I believe he's asking about the 'shroud' that covers them.

Whilst this is black for the GTS I think, it's a sort of gunmetal colour for the more 'standard' cars.

But I don't know the precise paint colour. Can an OPC help...?

Or maybe respray in a colour of your choice using High Temperature Paint?

Hi guys it is the shroud that covers the black tips, will try and get paint code from the OPC where the car was purchased! CHeers

Ok, I had GTS pipes fitted to my old car. I think the satin black looks very nice.

I've got the same issue (chip on the shroud). tbh I don't really like the colour of it so I'm thinking of getting the GTS tips, think they look great (and I have a black car) - bit pricey though!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back