Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Factory Brake Options from new

James M-S

Hello all,

Does anyone know if it was possible to spec c2s brakes on an early Gen2 Carrera (non-S)?

I know a standard c2 has plain callipers, and that you could spec a c2 with pccb's (yellow callipers). Was it possible to spec the brakes from the S (red callipers)?

I'm trying to establish if my c2 has simply had its callipers painted red, and Porsche decals added, or they are indeed the brakes from the carrera S.

Is there an easy way I can tell? (Preferably without disassembly). Is the disc diameter different?

I'm considering making the most of the ECP 50% discount this weekend.

Thanks in anticipation....

I'm also interested in this as mine is the same (same wheels too)

To the best of my knowledge, red calipers were not an option on a 997 c2 3.6
The brakes on the 997 c2s , were the brakes from a 996 turbo /c4s turbo body.
0n 996, there was an option to have red calipers from the factory
Difficult to tell from your photo if the calipers are c2 or c2s
But the discs on a c2s are bigger than a c2
Go and measure the disc diameter then check with the factory spec and you should Be able to find the answer

I'm considering making the most of the ECP 50% discount this weekend.

Thanks in anticipation....[/quote]

Oooh OOooh, what's this discount you speak of?? (more importantly- where do I find details of it please?

Enter discount code holiday50 when the items are in your basket. It applies to brakes and some other products (50% discount). It was due to end on Sunday but might still be running.
If it doesn't work, try holiday75 (smaller discount).

I didn't get anything for the Pork but saved £140 on front discs and pads for the wife's Audi.

Check eBay too as ECP (and their sister company carparts4less) often sell on there for less than their discounted prices :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back