Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Camber adjustment

paul987

OK so I've been replacing my coffin arms... I had a seized nut on one so the joint just kept spinning...after prying on it... and getting a jack under it to try to stop it spinning in the end I had to cut it off...
But now as I Reassemble it... the camber seems to be out.. so I can't get the new one in :?:
I wonder if I've bent something jacking it up :dont know: or could I have spun the spring some how and altered the camber :dont know:

Any ideas is greatly appreciated :sad:

Front or rear ?

Do you mean the nut on the ball joint span so you cut that off and thats the part you cant get back in .. the ball joint or do you mean the bolt holding the arm in place that also adjusts the camber ?

Any pictures :)

Ah pictures :lol: only of the offending nut
Coffin arm ball joint on the front

20170829_144307.jpg

20170901_184643.jpg

20170902_140024.jpg

20170902_140033.jpg

Demort forgot to add...

Well to be honest I tried it the bolt to the chassis first couldn't get the ball joint in.. so tried it ball joint first still couldn't get the other end in.... I couldn't see any adusters on the chassis end.. I have read about them but cant see them :lol: thanks :thumb: à±

Ok .. front camber is adjusted at the top of the strut , its a C4 ( driveshaft still connected ) and the new ball joint will be very stiff , you also still have the track rod connected so i think your not pulling the hub / disc out far enough , you also have to move the ball joint a bit to position it .

If the arm is still off then just insert the ball joint end .. that will prove theres nothing stopping it going into the hole .

Them try and pull out the hub further or remove the track rod end to help .

If none of this works or your still not sure then ill pm you my number .. talking is often easier to explain things than on here .

One other thing i forgot to mention .. if you still have the drop link connected then remove that at the roll bar end , that will also help you as you only have the driveshaft holding it at that point .

Will do Demort :thumb: many thanks once again... I shall return with the results :lol:

Well I finally got it all sorted today (Thanks to Demort's telephone advice service :lol: ) There was a slight delay due to me snapping my ball joint extractor on the track rod :oops:

Thanks again I'm Demort :thumb:

Good result! Satisfying once it's all back together. :thumb:

Kudos to Demort, especially for handing your number out. With some of the folk on here I'm surprised you don't answer to heavy breathing and questions about what you're wearing. Not the OP of course. :wink:

Seriously though, good stuff.

Some times its just easier to explain things in a phone call and not try typeing it all out .. plus im crap at explaining things this way lol .

Got me thinking about the heavy breathing though .. next time ill let the wife answer the phone !

Aww ball join tool .. i use an airgun but sometimes they are dam tight so you do it up / gun it up till its feeling pretty dangerous then stop .. wait a few mins and it will often let go .. if not clought it with a good old hammer .. many times ive felt like my ball joint splitter was about to break so thats what i do.

Yea i know its too late now but other people read here as well :D

Good result though young man :thumb: Kudos .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back