Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aerokit vs non aerokit - which do you prefer?

Do you prefer an aerokit on a 996?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not bothered either way

• Total voters
That CSR is one of my favourite 996s. I really like the bronze coloured accents and the duck tail of course.

The ducktail works well with the GT3 bumper and skirts or without as Richard (ELA) has done with the CLR project. Both look good.

The CSR car for me is as good as it gets, if I keep hold of mine I think I'll go this way but without the skirts, probably needs to be dropped 30mm over standard for it to work and a decent set of wheels, something similar to what PB has just bought in the for sale section.

Locosaki said:
The CSR car for me is as good as it gets, if I keep hold of mine I think I'll go this way but without the skirts, probably needs to be dropped 30mm over standard for it to work and a decent set of wheels, something similar to what PB has just bought in the for sale section.

I'm not generally a fan of the skirts, but the problem is that the Aerokit front air dam is much lower than the standard bumper and the skits help to bring the sills down visually to match that.

The CSR car looks great with the skirts so i wouldn't rule them out. An ideal solution would be some deeper skirts / sill covers that were simply straight like the factory sills rather than all twisty / flouncy / fussy like the Aerokit covers.

coullstar said:
pothole said:
The CSR car looks great with the skirts so i wouldn't rule them out. An ideal solution would be some deeper skirts / sill covers that were simply straight like the factory sills rather than all twisty / flouncy / fussy like the Aerokit covers.

Totally agree.

However the profile of the side skirts matches the side profile of the front bumper (see CSR pic above). I think they work rather well. The risk with a plain skirt is that the car would look like a hovercraft!

APL911 said:
I love the 996 aero kit. Not such a fan of the 997 aero kit however.

The Aero kit makes the 996 in my eyes, totally transforms it, and I think the Aero kit on the 997 Turbo looks the business :thumb:

I owned a '98 full factory Aerokit car and always liked it, but hated the GT3 rep look (even though the Aerokit was available before the GT3).

I sold that and ended up with a non Aerokit '99 car. I have built that into the car i want and cherry picked the bits for it. It now has an Aero front bumper and i have fitted PH.2 sideskirts and left the rear wing as the standard fit. I like the 'jelly mould' look of a 911 and the wing takes away from that. I might be tempted by a ducktail at some point, but im happy with it for now.

Wheel choice and stance are all with an aerokit'ed car

edoeZlz.jpg

Q4Pf0CQ.jpg

fGtflfB.jpg

This is my old 3, but imo there are too many aerokit'ed C2/4's with JCB/4X4 ride heights .....

Slippydiff said:
Wheel choice and stance are all with an aerokit'ed car

edoeZlz.jpg

Q4Pf0CQ.jpg

fGtflfB.jpg

This is my old 3, but imo there are too many aerokit'ed C2/4's with JCB/4X4 ride heights .....

Also too many which look like you have pulled a fat bird.. M030 FTW.
MC

Here's one of it on standard rims.

Anyone who prefers the look of a standard Carrera to that is blind, simple as.
:p

The rear wing is one of Porsches finest. It's just art.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back