Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Prices

chrisbill86 said:
Those RS3 drivers when they get into their car get to look at an Audi badge. We get to look at a dancing horse. 0-60 are just numbers or we'd all drive GTR's

Maybe there is a pole you could start, would have prefer to polish a 911 in the garage or a Audi. :grin:

I certainly think i bought just before the price hike.

It's reassuring to see, but when i bought mine i couldn't believe they'd not appreciated already. The last of the true 911 drivers cars in my opinion without all the common problems, a 911 you can use every day and has a pretty solid power plant with plentiful horsepower. I don't think a 991 is classy enough yet. More a modern competitor to fit into the market with its rivals. Probably have to have one for another 5-10- years before you start seeing some of your depreciation back on one of those.

Rhodris-dad said:
Sound wise...a hint of "Scooby" more than Porsche but that is understandable.

Fully agree with this. Had both a 991.2 GTS and 718 as courtesy cars recently. Drove well but no emotional connection... Driving both really helped make the decision to buy a 991.1 4s for the sports exhaust as a longer term car, why? Because my 997 TS is massively capable and laugh out loud fast, but it's Achilles is the exhaust note. The 991.2 makes a similar noise to my 997 but it is slower (ok it's not Comparing apples to apples in the range but the values make it a real comparison in time), but where will that leave the 991.2 in a few years?

I think those with 997 turbos will have some very difficult decisions to make when a change is in the offing. Really interested in what those with N/A cars are thinking when considering changes.

Oh and the OPC email re buying 997s, I'm a bit sceptical that they are really looking at getting us into newer cars rather than wanting the 997 stock that much....just ask for a buy price without wanting to buy something else as a test.

If you want to have a laugh have a thumb through the latest edition of 'Parkers'.

Apparently the retail price for an A1 condition 2010 Gen 2 Turbo is £58k.

Best of all ........... 997 Sports Classic = £84k :floor:

That means the last few I've seen advertised have been a quarter of a million quid over-priced. :D

T8 said:
Phil 997 said:
I have heard that as well guys just finding the 991 a bit big and boring even the interior isn't very inspiring. I think the 997.2 is seeing this effect as buyers choose a 997.2 over a 991 as a proper driving car. Its interesting as it feeds onto the other discussion that the Cayman is now Porsche sports car and the 991 is a big GT cruiser so if thats the case then the 997.2 could well end up being the last 911 and that will have a big impact on its prices.
:thumb:

The rest of the reasoning might be so but I can't really see how a difference in length of 2.2 inches can make such a difference especially as both cars are the same width. :?

The 991 looks a lot bigger than a 997 but it's the shape and stance of the car rather than the overall physical dimensions.

Terry 2.2" of length is very very important in a man's world :floor: .I agree in the theory they are virtually the same size but as you say its the perception that they are a cruiser not a sports car I think the softer design and the BMW like interior doesn't help with that perception even the seats look like they come from something else in the VAG line up. there just isnt very much sportiness in out out on the 991 with the exception of the GT cars. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Terry 2.2" of length is very very important in a man's world :floor: :

I'm surprised it took 2 pages for this comment...not surprised who though :thumb: :floor:

MNC911 said:
chrisbill86 said:
Those RS3 drivers when they get into their car get to look at an Audi badge. We get to look at a dancing horse. 0-60 are just numbers or we'd all drive GTR's

Maybe there is a pole you could start, would have prefer to polish a 911 in the garage or a Audi. :grin:

And how many Audi owners look back at their fast box when they walk away its not just about speed its about how good the the fast moving thing looks as well . :grin: some of the air cooled are really not fast cars in 2017 but they look so good rattling and clattering along. give me an air cooled porsche over any euro box anytime . I get beemers hooning up behind me all the time but the car is so bland all they can do is go fast in an attempt to get some exhilaration from their drive. :grin: :thumb:

G2 said:
Phil 997 said:
Terry 2.2" of length is very very important in a man's world :floor: :

I'm surprised it took 2 pages for this comment...not surprised who though :thumb: :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

I've been mulling upgrading to a 991.1 C2S but really can't justify the premium which is around £20-30k cost to change. Test drove a 991 and yes I'd love to have one but it's not really any quicker and didn't feel that different, certainly nowhere as big a jump as going from a 996.2 to 997.2.

The 991 still felt every bit the sports car though, I don't buy the GT tag that some people give it.

Rhodris-dad said:
Yellow 2S at Chester £60k (the one I looked at).
How was that car? Have enquired about it but not sold on the colour... (and it doesn't have PSE either).

Shaoxter said:
I've been mulling upgrading to a 991.1 C2S but really can't justify the premium which is around £20-30k cost to change. Test drove a 991 and yes I'd love to have one but it's not really any quicker and didn't feel that different, certainly nowhere as big a jump as going from a 996.2 to 997.2.

The 991 still felt every bit the sports car though, I don't buy the GT tag that some people give it.

Rhodris-dad said:
Yellow 2S at Chester £60k (the one I looked at).
How was that car? Have enquired about it but not sold on the colour... (and it doesn't have PSE either).

No PSE No paddles no cruise

All could be retro fitted and the salesman said they would do a "deal" on the prices for all three.

Yellow...erm..no too sure myself but the black wheels with a yellow pinstripe and Porsche written on them really suit the car.

I know this thread is mainly 997.2 focused but I've just seen a 991 Turbo for sale on Pistonheads, it's a 14 plate and 17k miles, Black and FPSH all this for £89.990.
This is not much more than a good 997.2 turbo would fetch at present, in fact in some dealers the 997 would be more.

easternjets said:
I know this thread is mainly 997.2 focused but I've just seen a 991 Turbo for sale on Pistonheads, it's a 14 plate and 17k miles, Black and FPSH all this for £89.990.
This is not much more than a good 997.2 turbo would fetch at present, in fact in some dealers the 997 would be more.

Do you have a link to the ad? I just looked, but was unable to find the car you mention. Only car I saw for 89,990 was a 2015 9k at OPC West London.

easternjets said:

Wow that is surprising, how much were those things new back in 2015?

easternjets said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-turbo-991/2014-porsche-911-991-turbo-coupe-pdk--black--recent-porsche-warranty-check-porsche-warranty-until-july-2018/7289442

Thanks for sharing that.

I am a little surprised at that price! From a quick eye ball, it looks like a good car, decent spec and mileage.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back