Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Accessories! Any suggestions?

Dammit said:
paul987 said:
The 996 matching luggage set :?:

Is this still available from Porsche?

Sadly no.. it's the holy grail of 996 accessories .. It came as standard with 4Oth anni... They sometimes come up on Ebay but the reserve price usually starts at one kidney or a right arm. :lol:

But which is his and which is hers?

P996C4-4(Large).JPG

http://www.hillsalive.co.uk/index.p...&product_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Dammit said:
There's a set on US eBay at the moment, and I'm in New York, but they look knackered - water damage.

You do tend to see more in the US... shame they are knackered :nooo:

911munKy said:
C4-STORM said:
The old umbrellas seem a bit pointless for the cost of them..

I just got a nice pop up one from Amazon with plenty of 5* reviews, just measure the space available and buy one that fits. £10-15 IIRC, fits snugly and looks the part.

Got a linky...??

Osh

Phil 997 said:
paul987 said:
wasz said:

Hers will be the biggest one.. To fit all her unnecessary stuff that she usually packs :lol:

They will both be hers ,his will be the old carrier bag on the back seat with a crumpled tee shirt and change of boxers in :grin: :grin: :thumb:

:floor: :floor: Ain't that the truth :lol: :thumb:

Told my wife I quite fancied some designer luggage for the 911 for the forthcoming French trip which at £400 plus seemed good value.
She came back from a car boot sale with an old "Head" sports bag in good condition, in black which matched the boot trim and with the little plastic wheels on it.
I hated the fact it not only fitted the boot perfectly, but was cavernous and had only cost a pound.
I'm still using it and don't tell anyone, it's bloody brilliant... :lol:

Dammit said:
No spare tyre? Do many people choose to leave the spare at home and take tyre-weld/similar?

It's the modern way I guess...My 996 has a spare tyre, a jack,and compressor and a toolkit with a spanner set and screw driver..
My 987 Boxster has a can of foam and a compressor not even a jack :dont know:

paul987 said:
Dammit said:
No spare tyre? Do many people choose to leave the spare at home and take tyre-weld/similar?

It's the modern way I guess...My 996 has a spare tyre, a jack,and compressor and a toolkit with a spanner set and screw driver..
My 987 Boxster has a can of foam and a compressor not even a jack :dont know:

I think for UK driving the foam and compressor is fine , but based on some recent threads about the difficulty getting our size tyres easily in Europe now I have concerns about should I carry a spare even if its deflated if I am in Europe.

Also, the "frunk" shown is a C4 S, so the spare when is under the floor with a jack and tool kit, and the amp, if Bose is fitted.

Osh said:
911munKy said:
C4-STORM said:
The old umbrellas seem a bit pointless for the cost of them..

I just got a nice pop up one from Amazon with plenty of 5* reviews, just measure the space available and buy one that fits. £10-15 IIRC, fits snugly and looks the part.

Got a linky...??

Osh

Here you go, £13

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LBWHJBE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Probably a better umbrella than the original as well, fills the gap nicely.
Comes with a sleeve to fit into to give it a smoother look when fitted.

Link no good :pc:
I have just painted my frunk release catch handle Basalt Black :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back