Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front wipers - it all goes a bit limp wristed

MattyR

Navigating the deluge this morning and the driver's side wiper suddenly throws a wobbly, stops working in tandem with it's best mate and promptly has a little rest. Permanently.

I'm assuming it's not the motor which no doubt means it's some annoying £600.00 clip or some such? And naturally will require 15 hours labour plus the engine out to be rectified. Yep thought so.

Any ideas?

Relay?

Could be way simpler and just be the nut on the spindle that's come loose.

Flip the plastic cap up and check the nut for tightness.

Wipers

dommorton said:
Could be way simpler and just be the nut on the spindle that's come loose.

Flip the plastic cap up and check the nut for tightness.

Hopefully it is just that but it may be the connecting mechanism has failed. The drive arm extends from one wiper to the other with various pins, possibly one has sheared and hence loss of movement.

madalaa said:
....... yeah that .......

:hand: No excuse for loose nuts. Just hope the splines aren't knackered. Is the widget present :dont know:

So far you're the only person to have used the wipers in anger except the MOT testers to check the washer jets :grin:

Cheers gents I'll give the wiper nut a go. The linage sounds very plausible as I've just taken a look at the PET diagram.

Ta!

:thumb: Those wiper nuts need to be as tight as a monkey's foreskin :what:

Zingari said:
:thumb: Those wiper nuts need to be as tight as a monkey's foreskin :what:

Alas I have no monkey to use as a reference, but tight my nuts shall be!

The widget is indeed in-situ. However non-standard Bosch wiper blades mean that it needed some coaxing to fit :eek:

And as for using my wipers, well I can practically hear the sharp intakes of breath as fellow 933 owners read those words. Shocking.

Used mine in torrential rain Sunday coming back from Classics at the Castle :eek:

madalaa said:
........ Dom is still in recovery mode ...... :floor:

Car still dirty in the garage :eek:

It is at least dry as the dehumidifier sorted that

Had your windscreen replaced recently? Autoglass et al do not correctly tighten wipers after replacing glass in fear of damaging prestige cars, apparently.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back