Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Bosch Battery For 997.1 Turbo?

Andrew911

I'am sure this question has been previously asked; however now my car has just come out of OPC warranty I want to fit a proper battery.

From others experience what battery would you fit? The OEM battery is just pants. Always struggles to turn over even after fully charging etc.

I fitted a Bosch to mine last year.

I went for Bosch S5 S5 Battery 110 which I think was a higher rated one than stock, but for the money I figured I may as well go for it.

I got mine from car parts for less, when they had one of their many discount sales on and it cost £99 delivered. I also got cashback from top cash back which reduced it even further. Been on the car for a year now, no problems at all.

rabbitstew said:

I went for Bosch S5 S5 Battery 110 which I think was a higher rated one than stock, but for the money I figured I may as well go for it.

I got mine from car parts for less, when they had one of their many discount sales on and it cost £99 delivered. I also got cashback from top cash back which reduced it even further. Been on the car for a year now, no problems at all.
+1

Scholester said:
rabbitstew said:

+1

This or the Varta. F18 ....I put one in my 997 turbo s as the pole posts were on the correct side for me ....price was good ... Just from e bay ....

Thanks for the advice. My car happens to be going into my local indy for a minor problem this week & they said they could replace my naff OEM battery for a Bosch S4 100 (£115 + vat fitted).

Heard a rumour from one of our PCGB members that all Bosch batteries are now manufactured in China and are not holding up as well over a long period of time, so if you can get a warranty on it make sure you keep the paperwork safe somewhere.

Search for a Bosch S5 on Eurocarparts, higher CA than stock! If you search by car type you will get the same battery at a higher price!

easternjets said:
Heard a rumour from one of our PCGB members that all Bosch batteries are now manufactured in China and are not holding up as well over a long period of time, so if you can get a warranty on it make sure you keep the paperwork safe somewhere.

Plus - Print a label with expiry date and stick it on the battery.
Saves time having to sort through paperwork first.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back