Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fault code reader recommendation

queenmonkey

Trainee
Hi guys I'm looking for a fault code reader that will also turn off my air bag light. My cars a 98 996. I was looking at icar soft por 11 but understand it's incompatible with the 996. I'm budgeting up to £150.
QM

You can probably get a used Durametric for that which is about the best one out there for the 996 and Porsche in general. Note if buying a second hand one check it has a VIN left on it or it won't work on your car - Enthusiast cables are limited to a maximum of three VINs.

Hello I have used mnay many code readers on the 996.

A few observations. Do not go for the iCarsoft i960 or POR-II kit.

The kit i have found that works best with the 996 (engine, abs & airbags is the NT510) as shown in the link below.

Its a handheld kit with zero fuss and just works exactly like it is supposed to.

Its a little over your budget, but honestly sometimes it is worth paying a little extra knowing you will have no issues and can be used for future use.

Here is the kit - http://www.diagnostic-world.com/pag...Oil_Service_etc__212707-z=656037&p=121453.cfm

Thanks.

Satch said:
Hello I have used mnay many code readers on the 996.

A few observations. Do not go for the iCarsoft i960 or POR-II kit.

The kit i have found that works best with the 996 (engine, abs & airbags is the NT510) as shown in the link below.

Its a handheld kit with zero fuss and just works exactly like it is supposed to.

Its a little over your budget, but honestly sometimes it is worth paying a little extra knowing you will have no issues and can be used for future use.

Here is the kit - http://www.diagnostic-world.com/pag...Oil_Service_etc__212707-z=656037&p=121453.cfm

Thanks.

Can be had for around £100 from aliexpress if you don't mind waiting for it to arrive in the UK. However I don't think that will allow you do the special functions that a Durametric will such as cal the steering angle sensor, enable trip computer, bleed the ABS unit etc. will it? It is a lot cheaper though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back