Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Luggage compartment

Allan E

Monza
I am still finding out various things about my 993 and today these particular questions arose.
There is a clear plastic pipe about 18" in length situated on the near side appears to be exiting somewhere in the headlight space and just lying around the base of the battery.
Secondly why are there two wire cables affixed to the lock. One is covered with an outer sheath which is attached to the release handle under the dash but what is the other for? Again it disappears into a grommet on the inner nearside wing.
You can see both in the two pictures.

Attachments

• img_3401_221.jpg
    img_3401_221.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,305
  • img_3402_581.jpg
    img_3402_581.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 2,305
One is the battery vent pipe to allow gases from the battery to vent. It should be attached to the side of the battery.

The cable is an emergency back up release that is situated behind the arch liner.

Thanks for that, I need to investigate the vent pipe battery connection.

Modern 12V car maintenance-free batteries do not have a gas vent, tuck the tube away.
Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
Modern 12V car maintenance-free batteries do not have a gas vent, tuck the tube away.
Cheers,
Tore

Not to argue the point Tore, but my battery does . I think it's a Bosch and was fitted only last month. The vent pipe is def connected :what:

Thanks, I'll rephrase:
Almost all modern 12V car maintenance-free batteries do not have a gas vent, tuck the tube away.
Cheers,
Tore
:lol: :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back