Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

J Holmes said:
Some Macan tailpipe tips. Couldn't find an off the shelf solution to the single outlet bumper exhaust apertures so decided that cutting down and modifying a pair of Macan ones might work. Also had to chop up a pair of standard 911 Tips to get the correct internal diameter and fixings. Pretty pleased with the outcome (apologies for the show plate). Thinking a black and silver bonnet badge might finish it off, any thoughts?

Looks great! have been on a similar "sport classic" journey with my car - ducktail and fuchs etc. But I haven't tackled the single exhaust yet. Where did you get the rear bumper from please - looks like your car is gen 2 (I am gen 1). Our of interest - did you look for just a generic single exhaust tail pipe to fit? Thanks. Rob.

Rob, got a rear bumper from Teile.com in Poland. It is a genuine Porsche item and fits the wide body cars only. Looks like Design911 do an aftermarket version for the C2. Looked everywhere online for tips but most are too long. My car is a gen 1. When I started off I looked for a gen 2 car but after months of searching couldn't find a manual gen 2 C4S in a colour combo I liked with the sports seats so opted for this factory X51 car. All the bits that came off are in storage so if ever it needs to go back to original it will take about a day to convert back. The only thing left to sort now is the sports exhaust. The car had the Porsche system which has two outlets each side. That won't work with this bumper so gundo'd non sport mufflers are on for now and will get the sports boxes modified to single outlets. HTH & thanks for your kind words.

Phil 997 said:
James M-S said:
J Holmes

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Looks awesome!!!

I agree that car is looking the biz and a smart move to get a fix for the twin single outlet pipes :thumb:

:agree:

This is one of Phil's finds and I reckon it would look great on your's:

IMG_2807.jpg

:thumbs:

FRZ 911 said:
Phil 997 said:
James M-S said:
J Holmes

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Looks awesome!!!

I agree that car is looking the biz and a smart move to get a fix for the twin single outlet pipes :thumb:

:agree:

This is one of Phil's finds and I reckon it would look great on your's:

IMG_2807.jpg

:thumbs:

I agree :agree: or if you want a different style he will custom make any colour combination you want .

If your interested his details are

[email protected]

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Porschecrestscom-390130604461406/

His name is Jim and it takes about 4 weeks to get it made and shipped to the UK. Heres a pic of some of his other work

Attachments

• hoodcrests1312433533_600.jpg
    hoodcrests1312433533_600.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 3,471
Phil 997 said:
nikos525 said:
Phil 997 said:
James the local mobile tech spent some time at mine today fitting a new Alcantara sport wheel, some carbon sill inserts ,porsche word in black on the back. Slowly coming together how I want. :thumb: :thumb:
Phil love your GT3 RS rear bumper, I've seen the kit available in the Porsche shop, but unsure of how it will look with a turbo wing.
Can you say where you got it from. Post some more pics pls :worship:

Thanks
Nick

Nick , I have sent you a PM mate, but the rear bumper is OE GT3RS and the carbon rear diffuser is available from AKRAPOVIK :thumb:
Thanks for the pics Phil, love it! I think it will be my next mod for sure, it makes the rear end a lot more aggressive :thumb:

nikos525 said:
Phil 997 said:
nikos525 said:
Phil 997 said:
James the local mobile tech spent some time at mine today fitting a new Alcantara sport wheel, some carbon sill inserts ,porsche word in black on the back. Slowly coming together how I want. :thumb: :thumb:
Phil love your GT3 RS rear bumper, I've seen the kit available in the Porsche shop, but unsure of how it will look with a turbo wing.
Can you say where you got it from. Post some more pics pls :worship:

Thanks
Nick

Nick , I have sent you a PM mate, but the rear bumper is OE GT3RS and the carbon rear diffuser is available from AKRAPOVIK :thumb:
Thanks for the pics Phil, love it! I think it will be my next mod for sure, it makes the rear end a lot more aggressive :thumb:

Agree 100% Nick :thumb:

Since last post had coffin arm done and the car is currently at OPC for water pump and various related seals, gaskets and belts. Fortunately under warranty and failed ten min from home following 1700 mile Scotland jaunt. Also got new front anti roll bar bushes to fit. Would have been a pita to have failed on Applecross!

Done - cheers. :thumb:

Looks well askgeez. :thumbs:

This week I purchased a major service and a PDK 6 year service in one go :sad:

This week I are been mostly buying TPC DSC and I must say I like it a lot :worship:

Rear turbo badge and black plastidip
Front retro textured emblem in ceramic black
Rear tints (being done Monday)
Ceramic tip - delivered back to me Thursday

Not sure how that will all come together but will post pics when done 👍

New Transmission Oil Temperature sensor following PDK failure code: P17F2 Transmission Overtemp..stage 3. Oh and 2 new gearbox sump pan bolts.

Warranty to the rescue :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back