Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A short video - this is why I love Porsche 911

Satch

Please remove if not allowed.

Over the past couple of days I have thrown together a few video shots of my 997. I finished the edit yesterday so wanted to share it with fellow 997 owners.

My video editing skills are not great but I make do with what I have. I have uploaded the video to YouTube (click the link below)

If you have a spare minute please have a watch and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XStxlU_mQ78&t=65s

Thank you.

Love that, great work. Some excellent and varied camera shots and the drone stuff is ace. Car not bad either! Lovely part of the world

Thanks for sharing.

Enjoyed that :thumb:

Same year as mine and speed yellow with aero kit and the black wheels look great.

For the money the 997 is an unbeatable car. Turns heads everywhere no matter how old 8)

Great shots. Really like the fade out with the exhaust soundtrack...nice touch that.

Yellow really works well on those moorland shots :thumb: was it a GoPro mounted on the drone?

Good job :thumb: well done!

Car looks great!

Nice video, more please :thumbs:

Cheers,
Paul

Very nice. Hopefully constructive criticism, the hand held interior and drive-by shots looked very shaky compared to the fixes camera and drone shots. Great work though :)

MC

Good job Alastair, hope you weren't driving and flying at the same time... :grin:

Thanks for the feedback & comments boys. John I had a trust pilot at my side. But it does have a feature where I can just let it follow or circle me while driving. No need for any user interaction until I want it to stop.

@G2 It's a 4K camera attached to the drone which is a DJI mavic pro so no need to mess about with additional cameras. But I did use go pro 4 & 5 for the other shots.

@Mistercorn thanks, I take it on board. We were trying out a new camera frame which is supposed to make for steady footage but it does not have a gimbal attached so maybe we need to reconsider using something with a gimbal or simply using a tripod for these shots.

Thanks again everybody take care.

I love watching videos like these. Slightly less/quieter music and more engine/exhaust sound would have been good. Great looking 997 :thumb:

Great video, lovely looking car!

I was told off for having one hand on the gearstick when driving round a track recently by an instructor. I felt much more in control with two hands on the wheel (unsurprisingly!) and have tried to stick to it when driving in a spirited manner on the road since.

Fantastic scenery too, looks like the 911's natural habitat!

@TBE997 Thanks appreciate it. I think it's Salomondrins logo that looks more like mine LOL. I wouldnt mind being a few quid behind him thats for sure.

@ tom_nieto yes i have been told off many times for doing this - not by instructors, just people watching a few of the videos I have made. It is a habit which i know needs to change. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back