Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

A lot of obsession with this car.

Pictures look worse than the actual car/damage but make a more sensationalist story.

The PU units were removed for inspection as were the lights. In the above pics the wheels of course are also removed.

Actual damage was just left front wing (superficial) and left rear. Zero damage at dead on front, back, sides, or any other panel. The right rear corner (exposed in the pics) and exhaust bits and valance area are completely untouched / undamaged but with the panels off deceptively look like part of the damage. The bonnet is not shut properly in the pics and was undamaged.

Yes it will be a repaired car but the actual impact was probably not the worst out there (sideways impact and not head on).

I'm not connected to the repair or sale of the car - but was in it when it happened :)

g7jhp said:
Damange pics can be seen on the PH GT3 and RS avoidance thread here: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1370274&i=140

It would need to be a good bit cheaper as trying to sell it in future would be a nightmare with 99.9% being put off by Googling 996 GT3 LX53NRN.

Agree it's been plastered everywhere now.

Only one of those pics (the first of the left rear corner) actually shows the damage. The rest are undamaged but panels and lights have been removed for inspection purposes and looks like were not replaced (think lights are in the boot, PU units on separate stand)

This one.

5ZvjUABy.jpg

Yep - that corner had the main impact. The PU units and rear lights were on the car but removed to inspect behind it. The exhaust box (think removed in the pic?) was damaged, plus some of the suspension componentry. Plus the bootlid where the corner pushed against it. The RS wing (which was a copy) flat plane broke apart.

Don't know if it needed jig work - we suspected it might, but the person who repaired it seemed to suggest it didn't in a post somewhere.

Anyway, buyer should inspect and satisfy themselves on price/condition - but I do not think it was a huge impact (relatively speaking of course)

So did the recovery company pinch the carbon fibre end caps as both seem to be missing - inspection :? :?

Pip

Pip1968 said:
So did the recovery company pinch the carbon fibre end caps as both seem to be missing - inspection :? :?

Pip

Think they are sitting somewhere in the grass at Tiergarten!
I was surprised they brought the top part over...

clearly the market is already having as a dip as the dealer has slashed off £10k off the price to now a mere £74,995, but still £00's overpriced

Attachments

• 2017_09_01_16_46_23_173.jpg
    2017_09_01_16_46_23_173.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 5,883
ragpicker said:
Well to me its overpriced but its hardly massive damage.

Done its dough at £55k :bandit:

At the price I'd buy it back all day long. Even if the repair is not top quality I would be able to justify additional to address that.

I just bought another lower mileage Guards Red clubsport and it was not far off double that!

I may dig out the track pictures straight after and it really is not 'that bad'

Personally even at the asking price it is already discounted against a straight Guards Red clubsport. I hounded 4-5 GR clubsport owners and no one was interested in selling anywhere in the eighties even. Maybe given the media coverage it needs to be a bit lower still. But that's in a negotiation discussion

Just a thought, but if the damage was only light and the chassis is straight, the seller could do worse than get a full CG geo check - might answer a few questions perhaps?

LaSource said:
ragpicker said:

At the price I'd buy it back all day long. Even if the repair is not top quality I would be able to justify additional to address that.

I just bought another lower mileage Guards Red clubsport and it was not far off double that!

I may dig out the track pictures straight after and it really is not 'that bad'

Personally even at the asking price it is already discounted against a straight Guards Red clubsport. I hounded 4-5 GR clubsport owners and no one was interested in selling anywhere in the eighties even. Maybe given the media coverage it needs to be a bit lower still. But that's in a negotiation discussion

I just came in on the tail end of this, but are you really saying that the market price for a guards red CS like this car is £140K You just paid £140K for one?? That seems to be what you are saying up there.....

If so, I would like to know what going on in the market the last few months that I may have missed, I got my Mk2 ( non CS) in November last year, paid £70K and there was CS also around I just missed for £5K more, same mileage etc.......

I was not aware that the CS version was anything like that much more in value than the standard .... ? There is this one in France for £58K: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C827729

markturner1960 said:
LaSource said:
ragpicker said:

I just came in on the tail end of this, but are you really saying that the market price for a guards red CS like this car is £140K You just paid £140K for one?? That seems to be what you are saying up there.....

:?:

I think he means double £55k, not double £70k :dont know:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back